Cassette Tapes to Digital?

1,601 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 2007fightintexasaggie
2007fightintexasaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations on where to take some old cassette tapes to get them recorded onto a digital option in BCS?
91_Aggie
AG
Are they just music that are on CDs and mp3 and probably freely streamable now?
snaglepuss
Are you too young to know what a cassette tape is?
JP76
http://www.rdmpros.com/services
MisterShipWreck
Years ago, I hooked up a cassette player to a computer, and recorded 1 song by song. I had tons of cassettes, so I tried.

But, the sound is not as good. Over time, I replaced them with downloads or CDs (and made MP3s myself).

2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Should have specified - these are cassette tapes that my future father-in-law has - when he was in Vietnam, his parents, siblings, and other family & friends recorded cassettes that they sent to him where they all talked to him and gave him updates on what was going on back home. He just found them in storage and was able to hear the voices of a lot of family members that have since passed.

So we'd like to get these converted over to a better option that might enhance the sound but also get some longevity out of them.
redchapterjubilee
I can do that sort of thing. Message me. redchapterjubilee@yahoo.com
TexasAggie_02
AG
audacity is a free recording program
https://www.audacityteam.org/

• get a cassette player
  • get a headphone cable that is male on each end (like what you'd use to plug your phone into your car stereo)
  • plug 1 end into the headphone jack of the cassette player
  • plug the other end into the microphone port on your PC
  • record using audacity.
Koko Chingo
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

audacity is a free recording program
https://www.audacityteam.org/

• get a cassette player
  • get a headphone cable that is male on each end (like what you'd use to plug your phone into your car stereo)
  • plug 1 end into the headphone jack of the cassette player
  • plug the other end into the microphone port on your PC
  • record using audacity.

This is the way to go unless you have a million hours of music and just want someone else to do it for convenience.
91_Aggie
AG
2007fightintexasaggie said:

Should have specified - these are cassette tapes that my future father-in-law has - when he was in Vietnam, his parents, siblings, and other family & friends recorded cassettes that they sent to him where they all talked to him and gave him updates on what was going on back home. He just found them in storage and was able to hear the voices of a lot of family members that have since passed.

So we'd like to get these converted over to a better option that might enhance the sound but also get some longevity out of them.
That's why I was asking... couldn't imagine someone crazy enough to try to record all their Aerosmith and Winger cassette tapes to digital.

I'm sure there are places that will do it for you... you could probably do it yourself, but it would be a pain in the butt to set it up and then wait the "hours" for all the tapes to finish.. .that's defintiely something you'd want to pay someone to do.
Scruffy
AG
Maybe you can find some help or information on this thread:
https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/792948
snaglepuss
So you are talking about VHS?
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Clearly referring to audio cassette tapes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.