Overcrowded gyms

6,284 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by LOYAL AG
RG20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know of a gym in town that is not constantly overcrowded? My Aerofit (Trufit) membership that I have had for years is almost up and looking for other options. Since the buyout, people have been coming out of cracks of the walls...
91_Aggie
AG
Just find one of the relics that still try to charge $30 To $40 a month. Although they will likely change to lower rates or close soon.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Can't help you, but hopefully there will a gym at the Jones Crossing development (as rumored).
Eliminatus
AG
The Resolutioners are being particularly persistent this year for some reason...
jac4
AG
If you need free weights, try Brazos Valley Barbell.
Cartographer
If you have no need for cardio machines, I second Brazos Valley Barbell. Talk to David. No frills just lots of weights and room to work.
Roc96
AG
Your garage is probably not crowded.
Roc
LRB38
S
panduh bear said:

If you have no need for cardio machines, I second Brazos Valley Barbell. Talk to David. No frills just lots of weights and room to work.
I'll second this. I worked with him for 2 years and he is a great guy and very knowledgeable.
meinkee
I love Snap Fitness. I typically go very early morning, but have tried other times and never find it over crowded.if it is busy people seem to rotate on and off equipment quickly. It has been a little busier with the new year's resolution people. Not the cheapest but clean and secure. Folks are friendly enough but seem most interested in their workout. Clientele leans to over thirty.
RockofAges
snap
FlyRod
The Bryan Golds rarely seems crowded, even around 5-6. The College Station one is a different story.
aggiemom89
Snap fitness is very rarely crowded.
Love Gun
When is the new Tru Fit at Southwest and Texas supposed to open? That should alleviate some of the stress.
RG20
Not sure when opening; I don't know if I will stick around to see. I may see if I can go month to month until I find something new.

Thanks for the recs everybody.
LRB38
S
I talked to an employee of the Villa Maria location and they said the original open date was supposed to be in March, but it is looking more like May now.
TLIAC
AG
I have been going to Biosystem Fitness for almost 2 years. It costs a little more but the groups are small and the owner will personalize the workouts to your needs. Biosystem Fitness Check out the website. The initial consultation is free. It is in the TJ Max shopping center next to Toys R Us.
txcajun
AG
I invested in a garage gym for this very reason. Also, I don't have snowflakes telling me to lower the weights lightly. LOL Home gym is the only way to go! Plus you can avoid all the germs and stuff, too, because you know they don't clean the equipment.

https://www.roguefitness.com/equipment-packages?gclid=Cj0KCQiA2Y_UBRCGARIsALglqQ241xNEwDT-dz6lsc4-JytQEllcLqZE8hbBcZaSZJcwYRJeG6nPksEaAh8rEALw_wcB
KidDoc
AG
Just stacking on Trufit for the OP, it is very overcrowded during peak times. I try to hit the weights Saturday morning and Wednesday afternoon and it isn't bad but when i go do cardio on bad weather days during peak hours nearly all of the cardio machines are full, about 80-90%.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DontBeTriggered
They're no longer overcrowded, but I'm amazing how busy TruFit has become! It's busy as all get out!
Turf-Ag02
AG
Been going to TruFit on Longmire now for a month and have been happy with the ability to get my entire(1 hour) workout done without much interruption. Monday's are usually busiest but by Wednesday I guess everyone has decided to sleep in. I beat the crowd by getting there at 5am.
LOYAL AG
AG
True fit and the rest are built on sales. They don't care of you're happy or if you even come. Just sign the contract and check the recurring billing box.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.