Professional looking for 1bdrm apt or studio

2,127 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LightningDammitt
EvenPar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm trying to help someone look for a 1 bdrm or studio in the range of $600-800, possibly with some bills included. This is a working professional, not a student. Probably would need a place for 1-2 years. Any suggestions on locations or apartments that meet his criteria and are in decent neighborhoods. Location can be in Bryan or CS. Thanks.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Is he new to the area? Is being able to walk to things important? What part of BCS will he be working?
techno-ag
AG
Give him these two links to help him narrow his search.

https://www.apartmentfinder.com/Texas/Bryan-Apartments

https://www.apartmentfinder.com/Texas/College-Station-Apartments
techno-ag
AG
As for location, Carter Creek parkway has some decent townhomes that might fit his bill. In the old days the College Station sewage processing plant was an issue for the apartments over there and the restaurants on University but it's much better now.
EvenPar
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Is he new to the area? Is being able to walk to things important? What part of BCS will he be working?

Yes he is new to the area until his wife's can transfer her job here. No he doesn't need to walk to anything. And anywhere in the area is fine.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Maybe suggest checking out Hudson Trails. Most of the non-student apartments (that aren't fairly rough) will likely be above the $600-800 amount.
EvenPar
AG
Hudson trails is $880. Not bad for non-student
b0ridi
techno-ag said:

As for location, Carter Creek parkway has some decent townhomes that might fit his bill. In the old days the College Station sewage processing plant was an issue for the apartments over there and the restaurants on University but it's much better now.
It still smells.
jasonw
Check with Oak Forest Management. They have properties all over town and have some really neat units just like what you are looking for. I am not associated with them, so I don't know what is available, but I have seen some of their units that are really nice.

http://www.oakforestmanagement.com/
LightningDammitt
AG
There are some nice loft apartments in downtown Bryan... Stained concrete floors, Granite counter tops, stainless appliances... 100+ year old brick wall interiors... 13 foot ceilings... All are single room loft type apartments.

$700-950 depending on size/location. Currently 4 lofts available.

PM for contact details.
ratfacemcdougal
What about the trains?
PS3D
I have a 2BR for $675 plus utilities in College Station I'm going to be subleasing. Let me know if that will work out, will provide contact details if you're interested
FlyRod
Will second post about downtown Bryan lofts. Most of the young professionals we hire elect to live there...away from students and the crappy apartment complexes (with equally crappy managers), and close to the growing downtown Bryan scene.

Most get used to the trains and find them preferable to irritating student or sketchy poors as neighbors.
LightningDammitt
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

What about the trains?
After a week or two, most don't even notice them.

While visiting 1st Friday in downtown the other day, I took my dogs to "do their business" in the grass near the tracks. They looked a little bewildered when I train came by... after about 15 seconds they ignored it, and did their thing. They even lingered around the area afterwards.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.