Pipe Tobacco

2,237 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ag-bq-seventy
Turf-Ag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is there anywhere in town to buy pipe tobacco? Looking to light the pipe back up and enjoy a little smoking. Been out of the smoking game for a while and would like any info on types of tobacco are the best and/or worst.
Prune Tracy
Cavalier Cigars on University sells it (by Fox and Hound).
ag-bq-seventy
AG
I would HIGHLY recommend looking up Iwan Ries in Chicago. I smoked their products for 50 years and there's nothing better.

Their best is Three Star Blue. It's light, aromatic, and never bites the tongue. I was on an auto shipment from them and got a couple of 7oz packs every three months, I think it was.

They ship promptly and their stuff is always fresh. I promise.

You'll never smoke any other crap again, especially that crap in tobacco stores.
Prune Tracy
Thanks! Just looked them up. Will have to put together an order, soon.
Zaiquiri
AG
Samuel Gawith Lakeland Dark is my go to and I have only found it online.
Hideaway humidor said they will carry tins in the near future but I haven't been in for a month or so.
PS3D
Cavalier Cigar used to have bulk tobacco for pipe use, but they don't carry it anymore. (I don't smoke pipes, but I have a buddy that does)
TXCIGAR
AG
Although we no longer carry bulk pipe tobacco at Cavalier Cigar Company we do stock numerous tins of Dunhill, Lane, MacBaren, and CAO. I am planning on stocking pipe tobacco at Hideaway Humidor in the future but a time frame has not been determined yet.

Regards,

Colton Rawls
Owner
Cavalier Cigar Co. & Hideaway Humidor
rsa
AG
Back when I still smoked I found the Owl Shop (www.owlshop.com/) to be a solid supply for tobacco and pipes.
Turf-Ag02
AG
Received my Three Star Blue today as the wife left on a 5-day cruise. Not sure I'm gonna be able to put the pipe down now. A-plus tobacco!
ag-bq-seventy
AG
Turf-Ag02 said:

Received my Three Star Blue today as the wife left on a 5-day cruise. Not sure I'm gonna be able to put the pipe down now. A-plus tobacco!
Well, once you get used to smoking your pipe, get some of their Three Star Royal, I think it is. It's a bit darker and richer, but still not heavy. It's very satisfying. Just remember to use a different pipe; never mix tobaccos in a single pipe. The tastes are not clean if you mix tobaccos.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.