Aggieland
Sponsored By

Pipe Tobacco

Turf-Ag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
V
AG
Is there anywhere in town to buy pipe tobacco? Looking to light the pipe back up and enjoy a little smoking. Been out of the smoking game for a while and would like any info on types of tobacco are the best and/or worst.
Gangster Octopus
A
Cavalier Cigars on University sells it (by Fox and Hound).
ag-bq-seventy
L
AG
I would HIGHLY recommend looking up Iwan Ries in Chicago. I smoked their products for 50 years and there's nothing better.

Their best is Three Star Blue. It's light, aromatic, and never bites the tongue. I was on an auto shipment from them and got a couple of 7oz packs every three months, I think it was.

They ship promptly and their stuff is always fresh. I promise.

You'll never smoke any other crap again, especially that crap in tobacco stores.
Gangster Octopus
A
Thanks! Just looked them up. Will have to put together an order, soon.
Zaiquiri
P
Samuel Gawith Lakeland Dark is my go to and I have only found it online.
Hideaway humidor said they will carry tins in the near future but I haven't been in for a month or so.
PS3D
H
Cavalier Cigar used to have bulk tobacco for pipe use, but they don't carry it anymore. (I don't smoke pipes, but I have a buddy that does)
posc2014
R
Although we no longer carry bulk pipe tobacco at Cavalier Cigar Company we do stock numerous tins of Dunhill, Lane, MacBaren, and CAO. I am planning on stocking pipe tobacco at Hideaway Humidor in the future but a time frame has not been determined yet.

Regards,

Colton Rawls
Owner
Cavalier Cigar Co. & Hideaway Humidor
rsa
A
AG
Back when I still smoked I found the Owl Shop (www.owlshop.com/) to be a solid supply for tobacco and pipes.
Turf-Ag02
V
AG
Received my Three Star Blue today as the wife left on a 5-day cruise. Not sure I'm gonna be able to put the pipe down now. A-plus tobacco!
ag-bq-seventy
L
AG
Turf-Ag02 said:

Received my Three Star Blue today as the wife left on a 5-day cruise. Not sure I'm gonna be able to put the pipe down now. A-plus tobacco!
Well, once you get used to smoking your pipe, get some of their Three Star Royal, I think it is. It's a bit darker and richer, but still not heavy. It's very satisfying. Just remember to use a different pipe; never mix tobaccos in a single pipe. The tastes are not clean if you mix tobaccos.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.