CEO Communications and fiber optic?

13,518 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by labmansid
75AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have an update?
Average Joe
AG
I believe outside infrastructure is complete and they just started installing fiber in customer's homes in Saddle Creek.
kyledr04
AG
Yep and duck haven. Speeds 50mbps to 1gbps. $69-149/month with data caps on two lowest plans.
JR Ewing
AG
Is this available in Estates of Creek Meadows too? ETA, if not? We used to have CEO until it became a little unreliable from a satellite perspective (think they had too many on a tower initially), but if they're working infrastructure to compete with SL, I would support that...overall, I thought they were a reputable company...
75AG
AG
kyledr04 said:

Yep and duck haven. Speeds 50mbps to 1gbps. $69-149/month with data caps on two lowest plans.
We have conduit to our property in Duck Haven. But it was laid in August. Come on boys, I needs me some fast internet!
BrazosWifi
Fiber infrastructure is slow going (and very expensive). Our fiber subdivisions are months behind where I want them to be.
Average Joe
AG
BrazosWifi said:

Fiber infrastructure is slow going (and very expensive). Our fiber subdivisions are months behind where I want them to be.

No kidding. I don't think a lot of people understand how much of an investment it is. I'm glad we have some local companies willing to step up and compete.
EBrazosAg
AG
Anyone in the industry reading this forum know who's fiber is strung up along Hwy 30 in Brazos Co. outside the Bryan City Limit? Below ground installed by a Verizon contractor this past summer, then poles and fiber in the air strung up by a contractor from Bird Pond area all the way to the river. Can't get a answer from Suddenlink or Verizon, but someone spent a bunch of money putting in infrastructure but not selling connections yet.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BrazosWifi
The fiber along Hwy 30 is Suddenlink long haul. It's not meant to be last mile delivery.

If you're up for a $1000/mo internet bill, suddenlink will hook you right up. (We can too over the same fiber).
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
taxpreparer
AG
BrazosWiFi

We are just starting a house in the back Enchanted Oaks, off Hwy 30. Any chance you will have service out there soon?
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
BrazosWifi
We have a new tower on Highway 30 that should reach you. Shoot me an email with your new address and I'll double check.

Jim
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
EBrazosAg
AG
BrazosWifi said:

The fiber along Hwy 30 is Suddenlink long haul. It's not meant to be last mile delivery.

If you're up for a $1000/mo internet bill, suddenlink will hook you right up. (We can too over the same fiber).
I am somewhat confused - the buried fiber as a long haul makes sense. But they installed poles above ground with segments of only a half mile or so of contiguous cable on those poles that goes down and ties into the below ground fiber that was installed just a few weeks before the poles and the shorter, above ground runs of fiber on the poles... broken up into maybe 5-8 different runs with spaces between each.....the fiber on the poles is definitely not contiguous over the entire length of the run of poles. Why would they do that if not for individual service? There aren't any businesses out here that will be popping for $1000 a month.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
We live in Estates and dropped CEO for Suddenlink this weekend. Over the last 2 weeks I've been getting 1.2 download and .8 upload from CEO... We're paying $25 less now and getting 216 download and 26 upload. The process itself was kind of a **** show in terms of signing up, other than that it has been good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
RockofAges
why so slow
EBrazosAg
AG
EBrazosAg said:

BrazosWifi said:

I am somewhat confused - the buried fiber as a long haul makes sense. But they installed poles above ground with segments of only a half mile or so of contiguous cable on those poles that goes down and ties into the below ground fiber that was installed just a few weeks before the poles and the shorter, above ground runs of fiber on the poles... broken up into maybe 5-8 different runs with spaces between each.....the fiber on the poles is definitely not contiguous over the entire length of the run of poles. Why would they do that if not for individual service? There aren't any businesses out here that will be popping for $1000 a month.
BrazosWiFi - I went and looked at all the poles along 30 today to make sure I was right. There are groups of 5-6 poles that have fiber on them and go down one of the poles in the middle of the group into a box on the ground where the in-ground big fiber bundles were run just before these poles and the smaller fiber on them was put in. Are you sure it's for a long haul? Not trying to argue, but it sure doesn't seem to make sense that the smaller above ground stuff is not for local service.
BrazosWifi
EBrazosAg said:

EBrazosAg said:

BrazosWifi said:

BrazosWiFi - I went and looked at all the poles along 30 today to make sure I was right. There are groups of 5-6 poles that have fiber on them and go down one of the poles in the middle of the group into a box on the ground where the in-ground big fiber bundles were run just before these poles and the smaller fiber on them was put in. Are you sure it's for a long haul? Not trying to argue, but it sure doesn't seem to make sense that the smaller above ground stuff is not for local service.
Yes. They will allow you to buy access but it is at the enterprise pricing (starts around $1000/mo) because there are only so many strands in that bundle. It is not last-mile distribution which requires different equipment and a different topology design.

Suddenlink built a huge ring that ties together many areas. The HWY 30 run is one of those runs. It also goes up to Hearne. Also to Snook and beyond.

Some times it is easier to go underground, sometimes, aerial. If you notice along the route to Hearne, it crosses HWY 6 a few times and goes underground in some areas.

I feel we have derailed this thread enough with this discussion. If you want to visit more, shoot me an e-mail.
75AG
AG
BrazosWifi, I wish you were out here in Duck Haven. At least you respond to questions about CEO, when CEO won't even respond. Or answer emails.
Chase
AG
75AG said:

BrazosWifi, I wish you were out here in Duck Haven. At least you respond to questions about CEO, when CEO won't even respond. Or answer emails.
I don't respond as CEO often because this is my personal account but I definitely don't want someone not getting a response.

As BrazosWifi and others have said, fiber deployment is a pretty cost-intensive endeavor with a lot of moving parts. The installation almost never goes as quickly as you would like, especially when dealing with a retrofit like your neighborhood, 75AG.

I second his comment about the fiber on Hwy 30, as well. In the end, although folks doing what BrazosWifi and CEO are doing are considered a utility as a CLEC (competitive local exchanger carrier), we are at the mercy of what the municipality and/or entity controlling the right of way allows us to do. There are places where the power that be just won't let you go underground or aerial and you have to switch methods for a short distance.

75AG, drop me a PM with your info and I will get our Internet Manager with you tomorrow.
75AG
AG
Thanks Chase! Appreciate the info and help!
deh40
AG
CEO fiber not much more reliable than satellite so far. Both days we had heavy rain the last couple of weeks it went down. Yesterday it went down four times that I am aware of.
75AG
AG
deh40 said:

CEO fiber not much more reliable than satellite so far. Both days we had heavy rain the last couple of weeks it went down. Yesterday it went down four times that I am aware of.
When it works, what speeds are you getting?
deh40
AG
On the 100 mbps package, I get pretty close to that on a wired device and anywhere from 40 to 70 on a wireless device.
75AG
AG
That's good to hear. That's about 50 times better than I normally get! I have the line to my house, just waiting on the final connection.
kyledr04
AG
75AG said:

That's good to hear. That's about 50 times better than I normally get! I have the line to my house, just waiting on the final connection.

Me too. I'm ready. Worried about it going down in the rain though. My ceo wireless went down in the rain too. I work from home so I need it up.
viejo
Hey, for those who are complaining about having the option of fiber optic, y'all are lucky. Some of us between Duck Haven and College Station don't have a choice. Sudden Link won't come out here, Frontier DSL hubs are too far away to be effective, so we don't have a lot of choices.
kyledr04
AG
viejo said:

Hey, for those who are complaining about having the option of fiber optic, y'all are lucky. Some of us between Duck Haven and College Station don't have a choice. Sudden Link won't come out here, Frontier DSL hubs are too far away to be effective, so we don't have a lot of choices.

Definitely excited/grateful especially since I work from home. That being said, I need it to be reliable.
kyledr04
AG
They're testing the fiber runs to house today in Duck Haven!
75AG
AG
I've got fiber TO the house. But not IN the house yet.
kyledr04
AG
Putting mine in today!
75AG
AG
kyledr04 said:

Putting mine in today!
Is it working?!?!? Updates. I need updates!
kyledr04
AG
It got rescheduled to friday
75AG
AG
You got super fast internet, yet?
howapi
AG
I called CEO last Thursday and was told they are still testing the lines. When done they need to go through, "a couple more processing steps" before they start installing in houses at the end of the month.
kyledr04
AG
They installed the modem and line in the house but it doesn't work. Still got some bugs to work out.
75AG
AG
Oops....
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.