Does Indian Lakes have fiber internet yet?

1,918 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mhnatt
aggiefan2002
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks in advance.
Average Joe
AG
I know most had Suddenlink cable internet. Not fiber, but still high speed. I'm not sure about the back side of the neighborhood, though, in the new construction. It was taking them a while to get back there.
mhnatt
Yes - they have fiber at least at the front of the neighborhood. We were one of the first to have it about 2.5 yrs ago with Gigabit speed. Worked well but we stepped down to the lower speed as we found we were not needing such speed.
RockofAges
mhnatt said:

Yes - they have fiber at least at the front of the neighborhood. We were one of the first to have it about 2.5 yrs ago with Gigabit speed. Worked well but we stepped down to the lower speed as we found we were not needing such speed.
mhnatt, what were you paying for gig vs. now and is it unlimited
BrazosWifi
I could be wrong but I don't think Suddenlink has ANY residential fiber services in B/CS. They do offer gig service over DOCSIS3.1 modems but it's not fiber.

Not saying people can't get fast speeds. I just don't think it is fiber to the home (FTTH).
MemphisAg1
AG
I have a house on the back side of Indian Lakes, and we have Suddenlink high speed cable internet. 200 Mbps. Works great. My three sons in their mid 20s swear it's plenty fast enough for their gaming.
mhnatt
I'm certain that it was over $100/mo but I'll need to check. Can not confirm it was physically fiber, but we had Gigabit speed and we were one of the very few that could get it because we were at the front of the neighborhood.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.