Car break in's in Castlegate

2,709 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by rsa
basketaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Newark Circle among other streets were hit last night. If you have video cameras or any info that would help the police that would be greatly appreciated.

I know this is a common occurrence, and we should be vigilant about locking doors and keeping valuables elsewhere, but just a heads up.
Stupe
S
Did they break windows or just check for cars that were unlocked?
basketaggie
AG
Right now it seems to be only unlocked cars.
txcajun
AG
I've seen College Station Police camping out on several roads at night here in Castle Gate II, so it seems to be happening a lot.
FlyRod
Copperfield neighborhood in Bryan got hit hard too. Someone there at least had surveillance cameras that caught pics of the POSs. Hope someone in Castlegate did too.
Stupe
S
I'm not surprised that it happens. Thieves target student apartments and what they consider nice neighborhoods when they break into cars.
montegobay
There are these cool things called garages that people can keep their cars in at night, and these break-ins wouldn't be such a lucrative business. I am amazed at how few people in our neighborhood and many other neighborhoods in south CS park in the garage. I see the garage doors open, and they are filled to the ceiling with stuff. Maybe leave the garage open one night and the thieves can help clean it out. Then people could park in there.
AgsWin2011
AG
montegobay said:

There are these cool things called garages that people can keep their cars in at night, and these break-ins wouldn't be such a lucrative business. I am amazed at how few people in our neighborhood and many other neighborhoods in south CS park in the garage. I see the garage doors open, and they are filled to the ceiling with stuff. Maybe leave the garage open one night and the thieves can help clean it out. Then people could park in there.

While I agree completely, some people's vehicles won't fit in the garage. My truck doesn't fit in the garage but I always make sure to lock it, set the alarm, and never leave valuables inside.
AggiePlaya
AG
Get into the habit of locking doors everyday!
Love Gun
AggiePlaya said:

Get into the habit of locking doors everyday!

This.

Here are the two biggest issues with the vehicle break ins:

1.) People do not lock their vehicles at night

2.) People leave guns in their vehicles overnight

If you've been following this, thieves go around checking door handles at night. Once they find an open one, they quickly rummage through it and move on. They don't take the time to remove stereos, etc. like they did in the past.

If doors were locked and people wouldn't keep valuables unsecured in there, it wouldn't happen so often.

Stupe
S
Demon said:

Here are the two biggest issues with the vehicle break ins:

1.) People do not lock their vehicles at night

2.) People leave guns in their vehicles overnight

EXACTLY!

I can't even explain how furious I get when I hear someone say "My gun was stolen out of my vehicle last night"

Those should NEVER be left in a vehicle overnight.
trackaggie76
AG
A garage that would accommodate my truck was a must-have when we bought our home in Castlegate II although I agree that many people use their garage as extra storage rather than to park their vehicles. Makes the neighborhood a target.
jskin261
If you are going to leave a gun inside a vehicle I would recommend a console safe from Lock'er Down Security.

DBSwooper
trackaggie76 said:

A garage that would accommodate my truck was a must-have when we bought our home in Castlegate II although I agree that many people use their garage as extra storage rather than to park their vehicles. Makes the neighborhood a target.
Vehicles with high value items consistently left unlocked makes the neighborhood a target. You'll pretty much never have everyone parking their vehicles in a garage outside of a very high end neighborhood.

How to stop BMVs that are targeting unlocked vehicles:

1. Lock your car.
2. Don't leave valuables, like unsecured firearms, in your car
3. See #1.
rsa
AG
jskin261 said:

If you are going to leave a gun inside a vehicle I would recommend a console safe from Lock'er Down Security.

Good suggestion, though I suspect the logic to doing so would escape those who insist on leaving their guns, I-phones, computers, etc. in their vehicles overnight.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.