NBC with OTA antenna

2,569 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by VincentBlack
BusAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
anyone have any trouble getting a signal for a local nbc station? I am trying an indoor antenna and I can get KBTX but not an NBC feed.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I live in Southwood Valley and couldn't get it with my indoor antenna. For reference, I could get KBTX/Fox/KAMU even all the way out on Elmo Weeden with the same antenna, but can't pick up NBC even in town.
jmn10918
AG
I had it for 1 day back in September. It never came back. I live near Longmire and Barron
duffelpud
AG
Try this.

"What's this button do?"
BusAg
AG
Thanks for replies, good to know not only one. Originally worrried about watching super bowl. But looks like nbc sports app on roku is going to show game even though ps vue customers in BCS could not watch Sunday night games this season.
bobinator
AG
I assume it's a similar deal for the super bowl as it is for Fox games on Sunday afternoon. Fox isn't available on PSVue in B/CS but signing in with PSVue on the Fox Sports Go app on Roku worked for afternoon games.
I noticed that my OTA NBC was out on Sunday night. It happened once before (Sept, maybe?) and it came back about a week later. I tried calling the local station when it happened the first time and they had no clue. So, I'll just pretend that I have suddenstink and that it is down for a bit but since I'm not paying a monthly bill, I don't care.
patrick.redmill
Yep. Mine was down too, tonight. Second time in a couple of months. Oddly enough, I was getting the Waco NBC loud and clear.
LGAggie
AG
Ours is out too. Castle Rock. I have an exterior antenna mounted to the top of my chimney and a signal booster inside the attic. We've been using it about a year. I don't recall ever losing NBC. Hell if a time to go out... Superbowl week.
DeerHunter
Still can't pick them up this morning. Anyone heard anything?
drivinwest
AG
Wait, what? I live in DT Bryan and have never had an issue with NBC. But I haven't tried in several weeks--certainly will tonight, though!
jeremy
AG
Lets keep this live! Need to know before the olympics start!!!
patrick.redmill
My KAGS signal was back Saturday night in time for SNL. I don't watch a lot of NBC, so not really sure when it came back online. This is an easy signal to receive, but it goes out for a week or so a couple of times a year. Pretty sure it's on their end.

I usually just watch KCEN instead (which I pick up more reliably than ABC 40). Slightly better news anchors and lower on the dial :P
I did not try NBC until Friday, Feb 2 and it was back then...and it is still working.
jeremy
AG
Anyone know which direction to face the antenna for NBC? Also, what ota channel is it?
VincentBlack
Which direction? Here is the site I used when I cut the cord -it shows where all the towers are. The results are generalized for College Station:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d90389d4806edf8

If you choose "Start Over" you can put in your address and it will give you personalized results for your location. I watched the superbowl OTA, but had the NBC app on AppletvTV standing by. I did not need the app, as OTA was solid.

I'm using 23-1 for NBC
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.