Help! Locked myself out of Laptop

1,285 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggiePirate
BCSMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was factory resetting an old laptop. Went through the setup and entered a password. Restarted the laptop and says my password is invalid. Help! It runs Window 7 or 8.... I think.
Sailor
there is such as thing as the ultimate boot cd, or UBCD, that can allow you to reset to a blank password on Win7.. Surely someone on here could provide that.

Go ask your question on The Nerdery board.
techno-ag
AG
Maybe try wiping it and resetting again?
BCStalk
You can purchase software online to pull all the passwords from your computer. Find one that boots up in Linux and you should be able to get it unlocked. I have a CD somewhere but I would have to find it.
UmustBKidding
You should be able to reset it from safe mode. F8 while booting, safe mode, user manager, select account reset password.
OnlyANobody
Not a real "techie" response, but last month, I set one of my online passwords, having accidentally left CapsLock on, from something I was doing previously......
AggiePirate
AG
So this probably belongs in the Nerdery and would get a much quicker response next time but this will work for you assuming you still have the setup media and can boot to it. Kinda concerning that even the latest version of Windows can be accessed in this manner but that is what disk encryption is for I reckon. I use this every time that comes up for family/friends. Enjoy:

https://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to/reset-windows-password-with-windows-cd-linux-cd-0165995/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.