USPS in BCS

3,016 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MisterShipWreck
MsC2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had a package shipped to me a week ago, and it supposedly left Houston's distribution center Friday.. It hasn't arrived in BCS. I called the USPS and she said sorry basically keep waiting.

Has anyone else's packages/mail been horrendously slow??
chloelee
All the time! Took 8 days for a letter to go from Dallas to B/CS.
DBSwooper
MrsC2012 said:

I had a package shipped to me a week ago, and it supposedly left Houston's distribution center Friday.. It hasn't arrived in BCS. I called the USPS and she said sorry basically keep waiting.

Has anyone else's packages/mail been horrendously slow??
Yes. Always and it has been since the sorting was moved out of B/CS.

I wish Amazon had a "send it by homeless guy hitchhiking across Texas instead of USPS" option, but alas they don't, which is too bad because it would be quicker, more reliable and wouldn't be thrown from my driveway to my porch by our rural route guy.
MsC2012
AG
I'm moving on Friday, and can't really forward my mail. I had something shipped to me priority Friday and there's no update. I am praying to God it's here by Thursday.

USPS is NO help when you call either so I'm just so put out with them.
K2T2
Over the past 2-3 weeks, I've had a lot of USPS packages showing In Transit for days at a time with no updates. I usually have good, quick shipments with them, but packages have been showing up 3 days to week later than expected.
CS78
A family member had FOUR, yes FOUR drivers licenses stolen out of the mail between Austin and CS recently. Finally had someone at the DMV hand write the letter on a non letterhead envelope and it showed up no problem.

My kids birthday card from his grandma showed up with the envelope ripped open last week.

A box full of gun parts disappeared to never be seen again a little while back.

I'm sure they're just having a problem with the machines down there in Houston.
AggieBaseball06
AG
I had a priority envelope sent to me once from on campus. My address at the time was a PO Box in the post office in south CS (they didn't even have to deliver it to a house). It took 11 business days.
Fleen
My wife has the app that shows a picture of your mail as its scanned for delivery "that day" and we can watch the driver drive on by for 2 more days... One of our route carriers said they don't have to pick up your mail if they aren't delivering either...
AggiePlaya
AG
Worst mail service available, tons of issues!
Tex Aggie
AG
Ditto

Delayed in shipment. No updates
AggiePirate
AG
Same USPS is crap here. Not to mention Amazon prime is now at best scheduled as 3 days and usually getting here around a week (even only counting business days).
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Yep. Received a 4-day delayed package today.
AgsWin2011
AG
My wife always gets notifications that her package was delivered to the house and low and behold it's nowhere to be found. Sometimes it's a week after it says it's been delivered to the time it shows up at our house. I've seen the mail carrier drive around our neighborhood on a Sunday (after the fact) in what appears to be a personal vehicle, dropping off packages without scanning them. It's like they scan everything during the week to look like they're working, probably keep the mail at their residence, and then deliver on their own time with less trips.

I always choose UPS and FedEx anytime I can over USPS because they're so bad around here.
GottaRide
S
I had a package mailed on the 22nd from Uvalde. Still hasn't made it.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
"I always choose UPS and FedEx anytime I can over USPS because they're so bad around here"

I will too but even they sometimes hand off to usps. Ridiculous.
deh40
AG
Before Christmas I had a 2 day priority package shipped from Minnesota. For days tracking showed only in transit, then package made it to the North Houston sorting center. Then it showed it moved to 2 different locations in Navasota on subsequent days before being shipped back to North Houston. Finally being sent to Bryan and the delivered on the ninth day.
Sleepnumber
AG
I've given up complaining to them. They are totally non-responsive and seem to care less. Unfortunately, they seem to be typical govenerment employees----inefficent, no motivation and apathetic.
agfan2013
AG
Ironic timing while I was reading this thread. Had a book bought through amazon prime supposed to be delivered yesterday. I live near Caldwell and the book shipped out of Houston......and headed east to Lumberton (small town north of Beaumont for those of you that have never heard of it like me) and is now delayed. Who knows when it will be in now.

Not a big deal but this isnt the first time they've messed up deliveries. UPS is the most reliable, then fedex, then everyone else, and last is USPS.
galveston
AG
Dropped off a letter inside the CS post office three week ago - Bday card with cash inside. Never delivered and not the first time. Wellborn post office is worse
techno-ag
AG
agfan2013 said:

Ironic timing while I was reading this thread. Had a book bought through amazon prime supposed to be delivered yesterday. I live near Caldwell and the book shipped out of Houston......and headed east to Lumberton (small town north of Beaumont for those of you that have never heard of it like me) and is now delayed. Who knows when it will be in now.

Not a big deal but this isnt the first time they've messed up deliveries. UPS is the most reliable, then fedex, then everyone else, and last is USPS.
Kindle. Download ebooks instantly, usually cheaper too.
agfan2013
AG
Have one and use it for most books. But sometimes I want the hard copy for various reasons, usually my bbq or grilling books that I keep in the kitchen for quick referencing or to let someone borrow.
techno-ag
befitter
If it's important. I don't use the USPS.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
All USPS is good for is putting garbage into my mailbox that gets immediately put in the recycle bin. Never even makes it in my house. I get maybe one or 2 things a week in the box that need to come inside. It's ridiculous. They basically just moving garbage from one point to another.

And yeah I pay extra for UPS or Fed-Ex when I have the option, but they still sometimes hand off to USPS which always adds several days to the delivery time. I've also delivery notifications before only to have it show up 3 days later.
MisterShipWreck
I just got 2 packages. Instead of getting here last Thursday as it should have, it was Monday. There seems to be a slowdown right now
Crusader
"We're from the government, and we're here to help."
MsC2012
AG
Well the one package sent first class 8 days ago is in town and will be delivered tomorrow. But the other one that was sent priority got into Houston at 6PM last night and wasn't put on the truck this morning. I hope it makes it tomorrow or Thursday.

Why are they so terrible
MisterShipWreck
It has sucked ever since they closed the Bryan mail sorting center
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.