Cheapish dog groomer in BCS?

2,868 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by rcannaday
Tim Weaver
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hi all. I have a toy poodle that needs a haircut like yesterday.

Who has a groomer that is cheaper and still does an Ok job?
Leslie
I would HIGHLY recommend Dizzy Dazee Dog Grooming. Her name is Haley, recently graduated from TAMU. She rents a booth at the DIY dog wash right behind Harvey Washbangers. You drop dogs off there & then she texts when they are ready to be picked up. Haley has tons of experience & has spent the last year grooming Reveille. I took Roper to her & she was amazing. Before I even got back to my office she had text me that she noticed one of his ears appeared to be swollen & have an infection. She was exactly right! Got him to the vet a few days later & sure enough = ear infection. You should definitely give this young lady a chance! You will be very impressed, just as we were!
Her # is 5 one 2 six 9 9 zero four 6 one
*My only connection to her/her business is that I used her grooming services a month ago and was absolutely amazed with the outcome, service, and reasonable price.
Swarely
You put numbers out there like that to prevent bots from picking them up. That way she doesn't get put on robo call lists.
BlueMiles
AG
I have never understood why people think obscuring phone numbers helps. Email addresses are harvestable and I believe they are worth protecting from bots, but there are a finite set of phone numbers. Are there bots looking for phone numbers?

To stay on topic, I have heard good things about Pet Styles on Villa Maria across from H-E-B.
Tim Weaver
BlueMiles said:

I have never understood why people think obscuring phone numbers helps. Email addresses are harvestable and I believe they are worth protecting from bots, but there are a finite set of phone numbers. Are there bots looking for phone numbers?

To stay on topic, I have heard good things about Pet Styles on Villa Maria across from H-E-B.
Yes there are bots looking for any and all pieces of personal information. I get robo calls all the time originating from Bryan, among many other 979 area codes.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check her out.
NateDog
AG
Tim Weaver said:

BlueMiles said:

Yes there are bots looking for any and all pieces of personal information. I get robo calls all the time originating from Bryan, among many other 979 area codes.

I don't have any direct knowledge, but my gut says you're correct about bots scraping phone numbers. As far as local area codes and even prefixes that match yours, that's just the robo callers spoofing (aka falsifying) their caller ID info because you're more likely to pick up if you think it might be someone you know or might be a call you were expecting.

As to the question about groomers, Hollywood Hounds is great but I doubt they're among the cheaper options since they bring the grooming truck to your home and do it all right there. Can't beat them for convenience and customer service though!
Post removed:
by user
Tim Weaver
Hacker man can hack anything. Including your dog.
FormerAgBusDriver
AG
Petsmart always does a good job for me. Usually around $43 or so and can make appointments online.
Abbyag06
MB at Petsmart in Towerpoint is great.
rcannaday
AG
+1 for Pet Styles on Villa Maria
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.