Bad experience at Quicker Sticker Briarcrest

9,033 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Fleen
oldag76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Paid my bill and put money in tip jar. Got hone and DMV system would not clear my renewal online. Looked at paperwork and they had input the wrong vehicle/ VIN. Called to get it fixed and I was told I gad to come back. Employee blamed me for the mistake but when I pointed out to him that HE had actually made the mistake with specific example he says " some people just gave to be right" to his buddy who is hanging out there. Buddy then launches in a verbal attach and threatening to " kick my @** " if I take one step toward him. I was trying to ignore the guy but finally told him to shut his mouth.
Asked other (apparently lead employee) for owners name and number. Buddy then yells that he wants the number too so he can cover for employee.
Call the owner Al Gonter twice but he has not returned my call. Anybody else have a bad experience with Andrew Morales? I have been there 15-20 times before over the years with no problems. Disappointing that owner will not respond to a customer.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PXChg.gif[/IMG]
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Is Quicker Sticker also the one behind Sevciks? (Another location of same company) I've had a couple of bad experiences at that one. Will never go back. Crooks.
chloelee
I use the Take 5 Oil Change in front of them on Briarcrest. They provide excellent service.
They have location on Southwest Parkway also.

75AG
AG
Why didn't you kick his @ss? Youngsters.... /smh
b0ridi
You tipped on a vehicle inspection. They knew you were a pushover.
oldag76
AG
Didn't want to engage with him as I am a CHL carrier, and if he assaulted me it would not be good. Age privides wisdom
oldag76
AG
Soft spot for minimum wage earners
isitjustme
AG
Sorry you had this experience. I often recommend that location to others as we have used it for 2-4 cars per year over the past decade or more and always have had good service. I hope your experience was an outlier.
WheelinAg
AG
Umm I witnessed part of this. I thought the employees handled the situation pretty decently. Also the guy wasn't their buddy, he was another customer.

Don't they scan a bar code to get your VIN?
BCStalk
WheelinAg said:

Umm I witnessed part of this. I thought the employees handled the situation pretty decently. Also the guy wasn't their buddy, he was another customer.

Don't they scan a bar code to get your VIN?

All of my inspections done recently have scanned the door jam.
WheelinAg
AG
I do agree that the guy sitting at the table had no business getting involved and was being definitely being a jackass.

Sweet Kitten Feet
S
https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2626209/1#discussion

See thread above. Owner is definitely an ass and no longer gets my business. Read the thread. Owner starts showing his ass on page 2.
AgGunNut
AG
Regardless of their shady practices, any place that asks for tips because "the State hasn't given them a raise in X-amount of years" won't be seeing my business.

Not my problem that your business model isn't very strong, and you only do one thing that has a State-regulated price.
Broncos
(Looks on JusticeWeb)

Andrew seems cool.
drivinwest
AG
That thread linked above...Torbush! How did I miss that?!
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
drivinwest said:

Insert Anchorman GIF
AG
drivinwest said:

no kidding. me too!

his responses in that thread are completely unacceptable. i already don't frequent Quicker Sticker because I didn't need to read this thread or older threads to know they are crooks to the absolute max. And now not only do they appear to be crooks, they are total a-holes too. i'm glad staff chose to leave up the post from the owner so that the general public can see what kinda people run that joint. if they had deleted it many wouldn't know.

i urge everyone to go to Google Reviews or Yelp and post about your bad experiences there.

nought
AG
Honestly, I've been going to Quicker Sticker behind Sevcik's for years (decades probably) and have never had an issue nor seen anyone else have an issue. I suppose a bad apple could try to scam someone, but it hasn't happened to me in all the times I've been there.

I do think a lot of owners don't like when they fail for one reason or another and of course blame the inspection place.

I even had them pass my car once, then knock on the window as I was about to back out. The guy apologized, said that since my sticker was already on the car that it wasn't like he could undo it, but he had just spotted that one of my rear wheels was missing 2 lug nuts (bolts, but whatever). He wasn't trying to sell me any -- just wanted me to know for safety. I was grateful to know as I was about to head to Houston.

I backed out, parked in their lot, ran over to Napa, and bought a couple. As I was walking back to the car, the guy walked out with a lug wrench to help me out -- never asked for a penny.

Just my personal experience -- I have no relation to the place and have no idea who the owner even is. Just remember that people are a lot more likely to complain about a place online than they are to compliment it.

And yes, I do think our legislature should have gotten rid of the inspection process this past go-round. Somehow that bill didn't make it through; maybe next time.
Crusader
I am normally a pretty big tipper in places like restaurants, car washes, hair cuts places, etc. But to be asked to tip for a state inspection is over the line for me. The inspection place behind Sevcik's (btw I love Sevcik's - great guys, great service) seems to even expect a tip. No thanks!

I used Christian Brothers on the bypass in south CS for my inspection last time and they were great. I'll likely keep using them.
FlyRod
I've used a lot of inspection services around town and have never heard of, let alone seen a tip jar. Will make a point to avoid this place.
Rex Racer
AG
I have used them for years because it's a quick in and out. I have never tipped once.

And yes, now that our inspection is tied to our tags, you have to be sure that your VIN and your license plate number are printed correctly on the form they give you. Do this every time before you leave the inspection place. I learned this the hard way the first year we did inspections this way.
Ali0308
I've always had friendly service from the employees at the location on Briarcrest; but every time I leave, I tell myself I won't go back. I understand that state regulations prevent the owner from raising certain costs and he wants his employees to be adequately compensated, and I don't mind leaving a tip. Heck, I wouldn't even mind one friendly sign explaining this. But the signs are so unnecessarily aggressive.

The last time I was there, there was a sign about not doing inspections on a certain day (of the week? Month? Can't remember) so that he could give his employees "an actual two-day weekend since the state won't allow him to pay them more," or something along those lines. Again, a very aggressive tone and unnecessary... just announce you will be closed on whatever day and leave it at that.
Tim Weaver
Been using QS behind Sevciks for years. Never a problem, except once when they misprinted a VIN (just like the OP), that the tax office caught. I went back and tbey fixed it right away.

I also had a missing lug nut one time and instead of failing me, he told me to walk to the napa and buy one. He let my car sit there until I got back.
LOYAL AG
AG
The state considered eliminating the inspection program but it didn't get far. Hopefully they keep considering it until it gets killed off. I'm hard pressed to see the value it brings.
Rex Racer
AG
LOYAL AG said:

The state considered eliminating the inspection program but it didn't get far. Hopefully they keep considering it until it gets killed off. I'm hard pressed to see the value it brings.
The Senate passed the bill, but it died in chamber. I hope they bring it up next session again.
Fleen
I showed up there on one of their "closed to give my guys a weekend", rolled up to the place in front, was in and out fast, top notch service, ain't drive the extra 50 feet next year...
dubi
AG
Dubidumbass checking in!
CrazyAgE
I take all of my repair and inspection business to Alan and Lonnie at University Tire and Service on South College. Great customer service and bery honest business!! Never a trouble one out of them
sts7049
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2626209/1#discussion

See thread above. Owner is definitely an ass and no longer gets my business. Read the thread. Owner starts showing his ass on page 2.

classic thread
NateDog
AG
Been using the Quicker Sticker on Briarcrest for many years for two vehicles and never had a problem. But if I had seen the older thread that Kitten Feet linked, I never would have used them again. Now that I have seen it, I guess they're on double secret probation or something...

I do remember once years ago seeing the owner berating an employee for failing to notice a tail light on someone's car was not working. He said (loudly) something along the lines of "You gonna pass him with this tail light out? I could pay a high school kid minimum wage to just slap on stickers without checking anything!"

Remember thinking he was actually right & maybe he was trying to teach the young man a lesson, but still it was totally inappropriate to do that in front of customers.

As far as tipping, I hand them a 10, put the change in the jar, and they invariably say thank you. Hopefully the owner doesn't get a cut of the tip jar.
techno-ag
AG
CrazyAgE said:

I take all of my repair and inspection business to Alan and Lonnie at University Tire and Service on South College. Great customer service and bery honest business!! Never a trouble one out of them
FlyRod
Stupe
S
I usually pair my inspection with an oil change at one of the Wolf Pen locations so I can get a free car wash as well.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I'd never had a problem with quicker sticker either. However, Dubi is a friend and her complaint is pretty well documented in that thread. Once that owner showed his true colors I just decided to take my business elsewhere.

I don't go to Wolf Pen on Harvey anymore either-the oil change spot. Been rude to me twice and they don't do inspections anyway. Once, when they put in the wrong oil and were rude to me when i told them to drain it and refill it. Gave them another chance and was met with similar rudeness. I do my own now. The car wash part of Wolf Pen is fine.
Stupe
S
I use the one on Rock Prairie.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.