Blue Bell Mardi Gras King Cake = where to buy?

4,558 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SchnauzerMom
Leslie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am VERY interested in purchasing Blue Bell Mardi Gras King Cake in Bryan/College Station. Is there any way to buy some locally? Every ad I'm seeing only shows it available in Louisiana....
Any tips?
halibut sinclair

http://www.nola.com/food/index.ssf/2018/01/crave_blue_bells_king_cake_ice.html
SchnauzerMom
Hi! I actually reached out to Blue Bell on FB and asked this question because I want some too. Brenham and Galveston are the only places within Texas to try and obtain!
Leslie
I just had my first bowl of Mardi Gras Blue Bell & it is definitely worth a drive to Brenham, Texas = believe me!
AggieBarstool
Sounds disgusting.

And it's utterly frustrating that Blue Bell artificially constrains demand.
AggieBaseball06
AG
AggieBarstool said:

Sounds disgusting.

I don't think they are artificially straining demand as much as they are *still* not totally caught up in production so they can only make a limited amount. Instead of sending a little bit everywhere, they are trying to concentrate their supply in places that are associated with Mardi Gras.

(One of my roles in my job is in purchasing and my company buys a significant amount from Blue Bell- so while I haven't discussed this particular flavor with them, my speculation is based on conversations I've had regarding availability of other flavors).
PS3D
AggieBaseball06 said:

AggieBarstool said:

Sounds disgusting.

I don't think they are artificially straining demand as much as they are *still* not totally caught up in production so they can only make a limited amount. Instead of sending a little bit everywhere, they are trying to concentrate their supply in places that are associated with Mardi Gras.

(One of my roles in my job is in purchasing and my company buys a significant amount from Blue Bell- so while I haven't discussed this particular flavor with them, my speculation is based on conversations I've had regarding availability of other flavors).
They do have region-exclusive flavors, though (even pre-2013). Rum Raisin wasn't available in Texas, though was part of the local H-E-B's deal to have all the current Blue Bell flavors available. I imagine Mardi Gras King Cake is the same way.
techno-ag
AG
SchnauzerMom said:

Hi! I actually reached out to Blue Bell on FB and asked this question because I want some too. Brenham and Galveston are the only places within Texas to try and obtain!
Looks like Beaumont too, maybe.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/texas/search-is-on-for-blue-bells-mardi-gras-king-cake-ice-cream
redd38
AG
I love a little baby in my ice cream.
CollegeStationMaid
No baby in it - choking hazard.
AggiePhil
AG
So the Brenham H-E-B has it?
Leslie
Brenham HEB did have it but I got word last night they were out. Probably getting more this week!
Swarely
Look what I got my hands on today.

Rex Racer
AG
Looks like I picked the wrong week to go on a diet.
techno-ag
AG
Where'd you get it?
Oogway
I love it! Not a humble brag, but an honest to goodness brag! Let us know how it tastes!
Swarely
Mobile, Alabama
Swarely
Lives up to the hype.
Leslie
I agree = it is amazing!
SchnauzerMom
Still haven't gotten any. Hoping to make a trip to Brenham this weekend.
AgFan1999
AG
Were out the last time I checked at the local HEB in Brenham.
AgGunNut
AG
Checked with the Brenham HEB and Brookshires. Both out. HEB said they would not have anymore as production had ended. Called Blue Bell, and they confirmed this.
Post removed:
by user
Swarely
In all of Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama I only found 4 half gallons. I bought all of them and muled them back to Texas. I honestly think I got the last of the production.
milner79
CollegeStationMaid said:

No baby in it - choking hazard.
No baby, no bueno.
SchnauzerMom
Wanna share?!?!?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.