Need an appliance person to look at my fridge.

2,945 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Broncos
BCSMom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fridge is about 3 years old. Noticed a lot lately the temp fluctuates quite a bit. Like when door is being opened and closed a few times putting dinner away, etc. I'm talking 5 degrees for a few times the door is opened and closed. Never had this issue previously.

Recommendations for local appliance people and what do they charge to diagnose the problem?
BCStalk
Buddy's Appliance
techno-ag
AG
You can call Lowe's or Sears. They use the same company. If memory serves, last time we used them it was 85 or 90 to come out and look. I think that was rolled into the repair, too.
FlyRod
BCSMom
We try and stay away from sears. They have been horrible to work with in general.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
It's been several years since I've needed help with a fridge, but we used Mr. Appliance and were very happy with their work.
DimeBox17
AG
Idk if he still does work but Mr. Moore was always my parents go-to appliance repair man. Always got the job done right and was a very nice man. I wish I had his contact info.
BCSMom
Had someone recommend him! They were able to get me his info!
bugle rank '87
AG
Love Mr. Moore!!
We’ve never lost a halftime...
75AG
AG
Really was hoping Buddy's would live up to expectations from comments here. Unfortunately, while the repairman was good and honest, their office had zero interest in helping me with my warranty claim.
carpe vinum
AG
DimeBox17 said:

Idk if he still does work but Mr. Moore was always my parents go-to appliance repair man. Always got the job done right and was a very nice man. I wish I had his contact info.
Google Thomas Moore on Dunbar st. in Bryan.
montegobay
Aggieland Appliance has always done quick and fairly priced work for us.
AggieBarstool
montegobay said:

Not me! While the service was fast and easy, the repair cost (for a valve on a high efficiency washer) was $250 -- about $150 more than it needed to be.

I wish I called Thomas Moore instead.
TellMeMore
Thomas Moore has only been doing this for 40 years. Just call him. Let him fix it, listen to his advice and write him a check. When was the last time you dealt with the guy whose name is the business?
CollegeStationMaid
I highly recommend Mr Moore as well. I'm not sure what people in this town will do when quits working.
979-823-8468
CollegeStationMaid
carpe vinum
AG
TellMeMore said:

Thomas Moore has only been doing this for 40 years. Just call him. Let him fix it, listen to his advice and write him a check. When was the last time you dealt with the guy whose name is the business?
This. Even if he fixes it in 15 minutes he'll talk for 45 so you get your money's worth.
Over the decades I've paid more for his advice than junk fixing skill.

He's a gem, he'll be impossible to replace.
Aggieland Appliance
AggieBarstool said:

montegobay said:

Not me! While the service was fast and easy, the repair cost (for a valve on a high efficiency washer) was $250 -- about $150 more than it needed to be.

Im very sorry you feel you had a bad experience. I do not know any appliance companies with technicians that carry acutual inventory on their trucks, insurance and the proper training that will come out and replace a water valve on a high efficiency washer for only $100 and warranty it for a whole year. If it was an LG washer like I am thinking, we more than likely replaced both hot and cold inlet water valves. Even though only one leaks if you only replace one the next one will start leaking in a few months. By the way our service call is $85. I think Buddies is $79. Please PM me your details and I would be happy to refund your entire bill.
CTGilley
AG
BCStalk said:

Buddy's Appliance
Only if you want to get ripped off.
AggieBarstool
Aggieland Appliance said:

AggieBarstool said:

montegobay said:

Im very sorry you feel you had a bad experience. I do not know any appliance companies with technicians that carry acutual inventory on their trucks, insurance and the proper training that will come out and replace a water valve on a high efficiency washer for only $100 and warranty it for a whole year. If it was an LG washer like I am thinking, we more than likely replaced both hot and cold inlet water valves. Even though only one leaks if you only replace one the next one will start leaking in a few months. By the way our service call is $85. I think Buddies is $79. Please PM me your details and I would be happy to refund your entire bill.
I'm not sure how I missed this a few months ago.

Either way, I'm not going to fuss for a refund. The repair person rendered a service that has taken care of the problem. I don't want to be a crook.

I guess my frustration is perceived value. Seeing things from your point of view helps.

I will say, though, it took FOREVER for the transaction to clear my bank. It didn't hit for a week. Just FYI.

halibut sinclair
Call Buddy's Appliance
Broncos
Buddy's

*Youll have to pay a service fee for their response but their expertise is worth it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.