Window Tint

7,231 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by saltydog13
cz308
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who else does window tinting in BCS besides Ag Solar Guard?

Edit: Can't seem to delete this, so I'll just add that Mobile Toy's in College Station will be taking care of it.
saltydog13
AG
Just fair warning. Ag solar guard has their tint cut by machine and Mobile toys does theirs by hand so there's quite a difference in quality of work
aggiepaintrain
AG
Ag Solar guard as always done a great job for me and their prices are cheaper than they used to be.

cz308
That would be great if ASG would actually do the work, but they won't so I'm moving on.
MisterShipWreck
aggiepaintrain said:

Ag Solar guard as always done a great job for me and their prices are cheaper than they used to be.

I have used them many times over the years and have liked their work
chloelee
They won't do illegal film. Their work has always been great on all my cars.
saltydog13
AG
Didn't see original post, but are you wanting darker than 25% on the front windows or something?
cz308
saltydog09 said:

Didn't see original post, but are you wanting darker than 25% on the front windows or something?
Yeah. Even with a letter from DPS, they refuse to do it. Oh well, I'll gladly take my money somewhere else.
TheAlarmGuy
they are the best and have been in town the longest which says a lot about how good of a job they do.

you must be wanting Them to do illegal film on your vehicle.
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
saltydog13
AG
He has an exemption since he has the letter from DPS
cz308
I'm not sure who the "installer" was, but Adam up front was great to deal with. I wouldn't hesitate to go back for anything that I might need done later on. The customer service at MobileToys was hands down better than Ag Solar Guard when I dealt with them about 8 months ago.
Kitten With A Whip
Ag Solar Guard has twice failed to honor their warranty with us. I had my receipts both times, but the first time they said they did not warranty tint on vehicles that are parked outside. The second time they said they could not provide warranty against bubbles, which was the issue both times. Spoke to Suzy both times. Your mileage may vary.
saltydog13
AG
Since we're talking about installers, are there any other reputable tint shops in the area?
cz308
Kitten With A Whip said:

Ag Solar Guard has twice failed to honor their warranty with us. I had my receipts both times, but the first time they said they did not warranty tint on vehicles that are parked outside. The second time they said they could not provide warranty against bubbles, which was the issue both times. Spoke to Suzy both times. Your mileage may vary.
Same exact thing happened 8 months ago. When I finally said screw it and wanted the cost for stripping the window and retinting it, I was quoted $$. When I showed up for the "appointment", $$ turned into $$$ and she wanted to argue about it. Never again. I had issues there many many years ago and the only reason I used them on the previous car is because that is where the dealership took it.

MobileToy's (so far) has been my best experience as far as their customer service.
JP76
Kitten With A Whip said:

Where these bubbles that appeared later or ones that were there when they originally installed the tint?
Kitten With A Whip
JP76 said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

Where these bubbles that appeared later or ones that were there when they originally installed the tint?
The bubbles appeared several years later on every window they tinted. When we had the first car tinted, we were given a brochure explaining the warranty which covered bubbling, blistering, wrinkles, cracking, fading or demetalizing and failing to adhere as long as I am the original owner of the vehicle and have the original receipt. I was the original owner and had the original receipt on both occasions.
cz308
saltydog09 said:

Since we're talking about installers, are there any other reputable tint shops in the area?
Ag Solar Guard, Tint Dreamz, CJ's Window Tint, Jack's Mobile Electronics, Mobile Toys & Texas Fleet Outfitters is what is showing up on Google.

I can only speak about ASG and Mobile Toys though.
dubi
AG
Kitten With A Whip said:

JP76 said:

Kitten With A Whip said:

The bubbles appeared several years later on every window they tinted. When we had the first car tinted, we were given a brochure explaining the warranty which covered bubbling, blistering, wrinkles, cracking, fading or demetalizing and failing to adhere as long as I am the original owner of the vehicle and have the original receipt. I was the original owner and had the original receipt on both occasions.

They re-tinted 2 vehicles for us under warranty within the past few years.

I'm sorry to hear this.
Kitten With A Whip
Thanks, dubi. I had always heard good things about ASG and the initial tinting went fine. I love to give good recommendations to local businesses. I'm kind of sad I can't do that in this case, but hopefully these bad experiences are few and far between.
EliteElectric
I'll recommend Tint Dreams
cz308
saltydog09 said:

Just fair warning. Ag solar guard has their tint cut by machine and Mobile toys does theirs by hand so there's quite a difference in quality of work
Finally rolled down the windows since it's been fairly cool this week. Gotta say, looking at the window that ASG did and the windows that Mobile Toys did, I can't really see a difference. Both lines are cut clean and crisp, so I call BS.
Mumbo Jimbo
Ag Solar Guard does all my vehicles and has for years, give them a shot.
saltydog13
AG
Why would I lie? Maybe they've got a new tint guy, but when I went to them it was very subpar work
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.