Recovery Houston still needs volunteers - mostly for reconstruction

1,172 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jimmyb
jimmyb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From the coordinator. Sounds like they mostly need help with sheetrock.

Quote:

I also wanted to share with you a very large beatification project for a Northeast School scheduled on January 26. Northeast Houston was the hardest hit and probably one of the most underprivileged area in Houston. We have a large corporate group in town for an annual conference and they are interested in doing some Harvey Relief work. We have lots of hearts and hands to lift up the project, but am in need of project managers to oversee the various projects. Involved is:: building picnic tables, outdoor classroom (have the plans), planting shrubs, trees, landscaping, as well as painting some parking bumpers. Our project managers role would be to oversee the project and manager the group. I have a landscape architect on bard that will give us direction to then oversee the community service day. If you think you and your friends would be up to helping with this, please let me know and I can loop you into the conversations. The 25th would be a prep day for RH to prepare for the 26th work day. Work day time: 7 am - 12 pm. Please let me know if you guys are interested. It is going to be a really cool initiative.

Thank you again and look forward to working with you.

HoustonStrong,

Kat Creech
Executive Director
Recovery Houston Foundation
4560 West 34th Street, Suite c
Houston, Texas 77092

This from the guy in the field -

Quote:

1. First is the home you saw pictures of on Saturday. We only put up sheetrock where we could leave access to the electrical. The electrician is scheduled finish up there this week. As soon as he gives us the ok, we will be able to sheetrock everything else, except for one wall that needs some reframing.

2.The second home needs some carpentry work. They poured concrete to level the floors, and now new footers need to be put in place. When that's done, we're ready to put up sheetrock, and it's a fairly large house for us -- 1,800 sq. ft.

jimmyb
i'll probably head down there at 7:30 sat morning. Crews to be dispatched starting at 9.
Work day will be from 9 to 3pm (stay as long as possible)

Work site is south of Hobby airport
AggieBarstool
You should reach out to the Dept. of Construction Science at Texas A&M: http://cosc.arch.tamu.edu/about/contact/
jimmyb
AggieBarstool said:

You should reach out to the Dept. of Construction Science at Texas A&M: http://cosc.arch.tamu.edu/about/contact/
emailed.
jimmyb
jimmyb said:

AggieBarstool said:

emailed.

Never got any reply :-(
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.