School closing Wed 1/17?

3,548 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by halibut sinclair
JaxDad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know if schools will be shut down again or when the districts will make the call?
EBrazosAg
AG
Any school district that closes should be taken over by a state trustee for being stupid on Wednesday or Thursday.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rhoswen
AG
Except its supposed to be nasty icy for the morning commute.

I'd expect late start at the very least.
Counterpoint
AG
Thursday is the 18th...should be fine by then.
AgFan1999
AG
I'd imagine they're gonna cancel Wednesday soon. It's nasty out there.
cz308
I'd be totally shocked if the schools are closed tomorrow. Beyond shocked if TAMU remained closed.
EBrazosAg
AG
Again - staying closed beyond today is beyond belief around here. Maybe Navasota and south where there has been more precipitation. It it not icy around here. A patch or two that morons who can't slow down hit and slide off the road is called "cold". I drove over 30 miles today in BCS and have had moderate rain present more hazard than today.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgFan1999
AG
when you have a large number of students coming from Houston, Austin, Dallas, or San Antonio and the roads coming into town in crappy shape, the University will most likely remain closed. Even if in town is OK, you have to look big picture - the local districts follow suit
EBrazosAg
AG
Students have been here forever. They drive like idiots - dry, wet or icy. Be careful and do your business. People act like it has never iced, rained or anything else in Texas.
Aggie
AG
Not much if any reason to remain closed tomorrow.

91_Aggie
AG
AgFan1999 said:

I'd imagine they're gonna cancel Wednesday soon. It's nasty out there.
Where are you getting your information? Have you actually been outside today in College STation?

There's no ice on the roads. And there's been little to no precipitation today.

And no more precipitation is expected today, tonight, tomorrow morning.
curry97
AG
It wasn't even nasty this morning
victory
AG
Most Houston area schools will cancel for Wednesday. Roads are only getting worse. Willis, New Waverly, New Caney, Sealy and Splendora have already made the call. The dominoes start falling at 6pm when HISD makes the announcement
Inca
AG
I'm in Brenham and it has been sleeting or snowing most of the day. It's not great out and might not be great outside of the city limits in Brazos County.
91_Aggie
AG
just got text from CSISD. Everything operating at normal hours tomorrow (Wed).
OnlyANobody
BISD is doing a two hour delay tomorrow, to "allow for morning transportation to take place in the daylight"
EBrazosAg
AG
It's fine in Brazos Co. I agree - looking at delay or cancelation makes sense South of Brazos Co. But one look at the radar for the day would show that to be true. This is the most unnecessary school cancelation in 25 years around BCS.
bushytailed
AG
A&M open as normal tomorrow. Just got the code maroon.
cslifer
Thank goodness common sense prevailed.
bushytailed
AG
Bryan ISD has a two hour delay
MiMi
S
Got a call at 12:30am from Blinn Alert announcing that all campuses are now closed until noon today.
FlyRod
Roads are fine. It's just a tad chilly is all (16). Dress warm.
techno-ag
AG
Back to normal, until the next cold front.
FlyRod
halibut sinclair
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.