Youth Pitching Lessons?

2,344 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ReelDeal
oldag00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for local options to help my Jr High age son learn to pitch. It seems he has some ability, but he hasn't had much real instruction. I didn't play baseball, so I'm not much help to him. Any ideas?
Psychag
AG
You may want to call Field house Sports for any recommendations. Most individual lessons are mostly available through Tournament Teams (Twelve Baseball). You may call Athletes Prime if they know any instructor recommendations. They are in touch with the athletic side of things in BCS. Also may want to contact a high school coach for recommendations. Twelve Baseball organization may also be able to point you in the right direction.
Oogway
Athletes Prime & Fieldhouse Sports are good resources.
In no particular order, Brazos Valley Pride, Twelve and Brazos Valley Renegades are tryout teams that may have contacts.

A poster on this site, Wendy1990, I believe is knowledgeable about different baseball resources and may have some additional contacts for you.
FC12
Go through Twelve Baseball and don't look back.
lockett93
AG
Love Mark Mangum as a youth pitching coach. He's with Twelve Baseball.

Psychag
AG
Mark is great. He was my son's pitching instructor for years. I'm not sure he gives lessons to non Twelve members.
gettingitdone
Twelve baseball is by no means the end all be all of baseball. Contact Tyler Grygar on fb as well as Ty Clubreth ( colorado rockies org). Both available on fb and both offer private lessons. I would also reach out to Field House sports for recs.
taxpreparer
AG
When my daughter was young and in softball, we contact Jo Evans in search of a hitting coach, and ended up with Adrian Gregory. Maybe Rob Childress could suggest someone as a pitching coach.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
DimeBox17
AG
+1 for Tyler Grygar. Played ball at Temple Juco and then Concordia. He has a ton of baseball and pitching knowledge.
texasaggie2015
AG
I have coached little league and have experience giving some pitching and hitting lessons on the side. I'm not as experienced as some of the Twelve guys, but I'm willing to help out.
john327
Former Major League and Rice pitcher Matt Langwell works with Brazos Valley Renegade pitchers. I promise it will be way more for your money than what 12 charges.
oldag00
AG
Thanks for all the responses.
ReelDeal
AG
Former Phillies and Padres Pitcher Clay Condrey. I believe he does lessons at Fieldhouse Sports.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.