Propane

6,915 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bigdog1
LOYAL AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EVA3 said:

LOYAL AG said:

Sharp just filled me two days ago for $2.49. I want to shop but my tank is buried so it's going to take some work and some money to switch and I haven't been to put either into it at this point. Plus Sharp has us on a 10 year lease so I'm thinking I'll get serious about a possible switch in two years when that least is about to expire.

The delta on price versus Star Tex at $2.15 is $78.61 which is about $12/month since we get filled about every six months.

As for burying I love it. My POA requires it to be camouflaged and it's taken care of.

Good grief. I'd hate to be stuck with them for ten years. When did you sign your lease?
Was part of the construction of the house. We were moving to the area and hadn't had tank propane before so we had no clue what we were getting in to. I called a few years ago to ask what needed to happen to pull their tank out of the ground to switch and that's when they said we had X years left on the lease.
chipotle
yep
BCS-Ag
I've got three 20 lb tanks to fill on the south side of college station. Any updates to the suggestions above? Would love to avoid paying the premium to exchange all three and just get them filled, but not worth driving to Bryan for it.
GrimesCoAg95
AG
Not sure if J&B covers your area, but I paid $2.05 last week.
Muzzleblast
I use J&B as well.

Best around these parts if they service your area.
textar4404
BCS-Ag said:

I've got three 20 lb tanks to fill on the south side of college station. Any updates to the suggestions above? Would love to avoid paying the premium to exchange all three and just get them filled, but not worth driving to Bryan for it.

Sevcik's
TexAg1987
LOYAL AG said:

EVA3 said:

LOYAL AG said:

Sharp just filled me two days ago for $2.49. I want to shop but my tank is buried so it's going to take some work and some money to switch and I haven't been to put either into it at this point. Plus Sharp has us on a 10 year lease so I'm thinking I'll get serious about a possible switch in two years when that least is about to expire.

The delta on price versus Star Tex at $2.15 is $78.61 which is about $12/month since we get filled about every six months.

As for burying I love it. My POA requires it to be camouflaged and it's taken care of.

Good grief. I'd hate to be stuck with them for ten years. When did you sign your lease?
Was part of the construction of the house. We were moving to the area and hadn't had tank propane before so we had no clue what we were getting in to. I called a few years ago to ask what needed to happen to pull their tank out of the ground to switch and that's when they said we had X years left on the lease.

Ask what it would take to buy the tank.
BCS-Ag
Muzzleblast said:

I use J&B as well.

Best around these parts if they service your area.

They will come to your house and fill small tanks?
GrimesCoAg95
AG
J&B just brought propane on Sunday morning to our church for $2.25. I was expecting more considering the weather/freezing.
EBrazosAg
AG
Another vote for J&B. Jeb Blair and family are great providers and expanding their service area.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Muzzleblast
Don't know. I'd just call and ask.
tfunk02
AG
I called StarTex on Friday before the cold snap to see if I could get some propane just to be sure. They were out Saturday morning to drop in 100 gallons (max allowed) for me. The final price on my credit card was $239. Not too bad for being in need. Just wish the power had stayed on so I could use it.
mhnatt
LOYAL AG said:

EVA3 said:

LOYAL AG said:

What builder did this to you? Burring a leased propane propane tank is an asinine decision. Sounds like your builder sold you out for a kickback that wasn't in your best interest.
bigdog1
Not sure who is worse , Amerigas or Surburban. Both are a ripoff and zero customer service. . i switched to Texas propane and have been very happy with them. Some of the mentioned are good also.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.