Propane

6,913 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bigdog1
Chris98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who are y'all using and what are y'all paying?

Even though it's trading at $2.45, Ameri-gas just hit me for $3.99
Aggie94
AG
I go to Sevcik's by Wal-Mart - U-Haul is spotty as far as having someone there who can fill tanks any given day.
Paid ~15.00 for a tank refill.
AgResearch
AG
Aggie94 said:

I go to Sevcik's by Wal-Mart - U-Haul is spotty as far as having someone there who can fill tanks any given day.
Can't take a 500 gal tank to town...
Red Krow
Brazos Welding Supply has the best price in town. They will get you taken care of quick.
jac4
AG
StarTex filled us the week before Christmas at $2.10.

We just switched to them from Sharp Propane this past fall.
propaniack
Star Tex Propane current price is 2.15 per gallon, no delivery fees ,contracts, etc,, . , we can change out a lease tank at No Charge AND transfer the gas. 979 325 9254 Albert.
Jetty
AG
Star Tex!!!
whitespikes06
AG
How far do you deliver? We live in Independence/Brenham area.
DimeBox17
AG
+1 for Brazos Valley Welding Supply
CrazyAgE
I have found either Sevciks or the or the RV park on Hwy 21 to have (some of) the cheaper prices in town
befitter
Ameri-Gas is the most expensive company there is. We filled our tanks in early December for $2.39 and use Sharp.
bugle rank '87
AG
Star tex
We’ve never lost a halftime...
halibut sinclair
Strickland
Aggie94
AG
AgResearch said:

Aggie94 said:

Can't take a 500 gal tank to town...

Ah, I see, said the blind man.
Counterpoint
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Strickland
I see what you did there, and award you a star.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
propaniack said:

Star Tex Propane current price is 2.15 per gallon, no delivery fees ,contracts, etc,, . , we can change out a lease tank at No Charge AND transfer the gas. 979 325 9254 Albert.
You should consider getting set up at RV Haven on Dowling Rd

They need an on call provider for motor homes staying there.
Pain in the *** to pack up and drive into town for 40-50 gals
AG
whitespikes06 said:

979 325 9254 Albert.

For best results. Want to borrow my phone?
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
This reminds me of the old joke:

A man was on his death bed dying of starvation. A farmer neighbor brought him a huge basket of corn from his field.

The farmer said "here, my friend. I don't have much but here is some corn that will keep you alive. It's free. All you have to do is eat"'

The starving man managed to raise his head and said "has it been grilled with butter? I don't like it without butter."

whitespikes06
AG
Thanks for your response. I'm glad you're here to set everyone straight... Your perfection is noted.

ETA next time know your story the first so it looks witty. Then you won't need your edits
TexAg1987
+1 for Star Tex
-1 for Amerigas #metoo
propaniack
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

propaniack said:

You should consider getting set up at RV Haven on Dowling Rd

They need an on call provider for motor homes staying there.
Pain in the *** to pack up and drive into town for 40-50 gals
There is a kit called a extend-a-stay kit for stationary RVs, you can put it on and hook a portable bottle to it.
propaniack
whitespikes06 said:

Im sorry we do not go that far....yet.
propaniack
Star Tex propane has Lowered Their price from 2.15 to 2.10 per gallon today,,, In the 28 years I have been doing this job I have NEVER seen a gas company lower its price in the winter, but have seen Star Tex do it several times. .
LightningDammitt
AG
Aggie94 said:

Which Wal-Mart? There are 3 in BCS...?
DimeBox17
AG
There's only one Sevcik's so that should narrow down which Walmart it is
KaneIsAble
AG
Anyone have an opinion on burying the tank? Currently building a house and really like the idea of hiding it
ratfacemcdougal
Drive around Indian Lakes. I believe a lot of them there are buried.
kyledr04
AG
Mine is buried. Looks better and I own it. Not sure about the aging or long term reliability vs above ground but it was already there.
propaniack
979 325 9254 I would not have UG (buried) propane tank, Unless you have expendable income, and certainly do not lease a UG tank. . I can further explain if contacted,
KaneIsAble
AG
Appreciate that - I'll call you tomorrow
EVA3
AG
Stay away from Sharp.
LOYAL AG
AG
Sharp just filled me two days ago for $2.49. I want to shop but my tank is buried so it's going to take some work and some money to switch and I haven't been to put either into it at this point. Plus Sharp has us on a 10 year lease so I'm thinking I'll get serious about a possible switch in two years when that least is about to expire.

The delta on price versus Star Tex at $2.15 is $78.61 which is about $12/month since we get filled about every six months.

As for burying I love it. My POA requires it to be camouflaged and it's taken care of.
EVA3
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Sharp just filled me two days ago for $2.49. I want to shop but my tank is buried so it's going to take some work and some money to switch and I haven't been to put either into it at this point. Plus Sharp has us on a 10 year lease so I'm thinking I'll get serious about a possible switch in two years when that least is about to expire.

The delta on price versus Star Tex at $2.15 is $78.61 which is about $12/month since we get filled about every six months.

As for burying I love it. My POA requires it to be camouflaged and it's taken care of.

Good grief. I'd hate to be stuck with them for ten years. When did you sign your lease?
Bode316
What's the best place to fill up a portable tank? I've tried U-Haul, is the Shell next to Walmart good?
Builder93
AG
Bode316 said:

What's the best place to fill up a portable tank? I've tried U-Haul, is the Shell next to Walmart good?
Brazos Welding Supply. Quick & Easy.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.