Brew Supply Haus - Homebrew supply and more

1,731 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Moxie
soso33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just wanted to provide a review. This place is great. If you are a homebrewer, there's no need to do mail order business in Austin any longer.

The owners run the store and are super friendly. The prices are very reasonable in my opinion.

I've emailed them twice now about various things and told them I would be coming in on my lunch hour. Both times they've had the products I inquired about sitting out by the register ready for me to pick them up when I arrived. They've really gone out of the way to be helpful. Some of the brew shops I've been into it feels like you might be bothering them with your questions or even putting them out with your business (looking at you, AHS). Not even a hint of that at Brew Supply Haus.

They had all of the grain and hops I needed for my recipe. They stock liquid yeast (however not Wyeast or White Labs to my knowledge) and dry yeast, pellet and leaf hops, and loads of other brewing ingredients and equipment. I would assume they also have extract kits, but they were not on my radar when I walked into the store, so I can't confirm.

Pretty much everything you'd find at the place in Austin but right here in town. If you can't tell, I'm impressed.

They also have wine kits and bbq equipment. If you brew, definitely go check them out because it's great to have such a place in town.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
in.
bobinator
AG
do they have corn?
Red Krow
They are great folks! I've brewed two batches from them already. The first tastes great and the second is sitting in the fermentor bucket right now. They are super friendly and very helpful. I hadn't brewed in a few years and was missing some equipment. They had everything I needed to get up and going again. If you are curious about starting to home brew or already do you definitely need to swing by and check out their store.

Thanks Jason and Kristi for opening up and doing a great job!
ag009
AG
They came and spoke at our Brazos Valley Beekeeping meeting on making mead. Super nice folks with an awesome presentation.
carodz
AG
Just thought I'd add to this. Jason and Kristi are super nice, welcoming, and helpful. I've been in their shop maybe 3 or 4 times now, and from day one they've treated me like they had known me for years. Their prices are more than reasonable and the convenience of getting what I need right away is awesome. I had never used the brand of liquid yeast they carry before, but was very pleased with how it made my last batch turn out.
bobinator
AG
I guess I'll go and report back on the corn front
Moxie
AG
I'll add my support as well. Went in last weekend to get a few things and they were very helpful. It's nice having a local homebrew store around!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.