Tanaka Ramen

2,382 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by KidDoc
The Anchor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We tried this place last night. We both had the beef sukiyaki bowl. I thought it was excellent. I enjoyed the atmosphere too.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
It's not bad, but apparently they've yet to discover the existence of salt.
bushytailed
AG
The garlic bowl is fantastic and guaranteed to keep vampires away for a long time (as well as friends and family).
The Anchor
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

Mine didn't need salt. Just like my steaks don't need A1.
LastHamlet
AG

Most noodle dishes I have eaten in Asian countries Thailand, Japan, etc. don't use salt. They use fish sauce as a substitute.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
LastHamlet said:

Most noodle dishes I have eaten in Asian countries Thailand, Japan, etc. don't use salt. They use fish sauce as a substitute.

Which is ... wait for it ... Salty.

Whether they use raw salt or a briny component, it should still be properly seasoned.
KidDoc
AG
I forgot what I had and it was good but very light portions of protein in the ramen.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
phatpat21
Where is it located?
LastHamlet
AG

LastHamlet said:

Which is ... wait for it ... Salty.

Whether they use raw salt or a briny component, it should still be properly seasoned.

Yes..... wait for it ... they put it on the table and you add your own. The only seasoning you have is the bone broth.
jrhmc
AG
KidDoc said:

I forgot what I had and it was good but very light portions of protein in the ramen.
That's why I prefer the ramen at Master Yakiniku. It's about the same price but triple the protein in your bowl. The flavor is better, too.
bushytailed
AG
The Kohl's shopping center just down from the running store.
Well, okay then
AG
You can also ask for some of the hot chili sauce to add to your ramen. Mine was a bit too plain before doing this.
rsa
AG
KidDoc said:

Did you notice if the noodles were made in house, or if they were packaged? When we went before Christmas, we sat at the bar and noticed that the noodles were pre-made food service supply noodles in individual serving bags.
KidDoc
AG
rsa said:

KidDoc said:

Did you notice if the noodles were made in house, or if they were packaged? When we went before Christmas, we sat at the bar and noticed that the noodles were pre-made food service supply noodles in individual serving bags.
I was at the center table so didn't notice one way or another.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.