College Station to IAH

2,647 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 75AG
RMC91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
txgardengirl
Ground Shuttle
RMC91
AG
ratfacemcdougal
Just google ground shuttle
RMC91
AG
carpe vinum
AG
Check the price of flying out of Easterwood sometimes it's pretty cheap (~$100).
The ease of getting in/out of Easterwood, the cost of other means of transportation, the hassle of IAH TSA, etc...
often makes KCLL worth it.
RMC91
AG
kyledr04
AG
I just drive. Much faster.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
kyledr04 said:

If you have a car full, driving and parking will be cheaper than taking a shuttle, and it'll be slightly faster.

For an individual, a single seat on ground shuttle is much cheaper than fuel and parking at KIAH.

Flying from KCLL has been terribly expensive the last few times I looked.
75AG
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

kyledr04 said:

If you have a car full, driving and parking will be cheaper than taking a shuttle, and it'll be slightly faster.

For an individual, a single seat on ground shuttle is much cheaper than fuel and parking at KIAH.

It won't be slightly faster. It will be a great deal faster. By the time Ground Shuttle finishes picking up people. at their homes, it takes 2+ hours to get there. I can drive it in 1.5. Same for returns.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
75AG said:

kyledr04 said:

It won't be slightly faster. It will be a great deal faster. By the time Ground Shuttle finishes picking up people. at their homes, it takes 2+ hours to get there. I can drive it in 1.5. Same for returns.

And then you have to park and take a shuttle to the terminal, vs getting dropped of at the gate.

So driving is faster, but not by hours.
dallasiteinsa02
I would use it if their park and ride location wasn't Easterwood. They need to partner with Winter Wonderland or one of the self storage places on 6 and do park and ride to the airport. Let everyone get in their car from there and get home.
carpe vinum
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

I would use it if their park and ride location wasn't Easterwood. They need to partner with Winter Wonderland or one of the self storage places on 6 and do park and ride to the airport. Let everyone get in their car from there and get home.
They are building a location at Tower Point, it should be open pretty soon.
75AG
AG

75AG said:

kyledr04 said:

And then you have to park and take a shuttle to the terminal, vs getting dropped of at the gate.

So driving is faster, but not by hours.
I park at the terminal. Walk right in. As I said, 1.5 hours from my garage to Sure Park at Terminal C. As said above, when they open their new facility that will help. That is, IF they leave from/return to the facility and not circulate all over BCS picking up folks from the their houses.
ratfacemcdougal
In BCS, they will pick you up at home for an additional fee.
doubledog
Rent a car (one way) to IAH ~35-$40 + gas. Repeat IAH to CLL
ChampsAg
Just did GS for the wife. It is $35 and they drop you at your terminal. Why have the stress of driving and the cost of parking added to your trip?
txgardengirl
I fly a fair amount and even if it's just me I drive to IAH. Park valet at the terminal, drive there 6-290-99-sam Houston tollway. Less than 2 hours and I'm usually through security and having coffee. For the $120 it's worth it to have my car waiting (and they move it to the correct terminal if we get switched on arrival and I calll from the plane)

With four people it would totally make sense to just drive unless you're returning on a red eye and concerned about staying awake to drive back to BCS.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
My experience is getting their via air is quicker and easier. The return is the difficult part.

By the time you land and many cases wait for an hour and a half for the return flight home, you could already be at BCS.(plus when a flight is cancelled or delayed by weather you are inconvenienced even more)

Life is easier when you drive....however no FF points.

Tailgate88
AG
Once Ground Shuttle's Tower Point terminal is open I think their business will pick up even more. Although they seem to be doing pretty well; they've got an impressive fleet of vans.
75AG
AG
I will definitely use them once the new facility is open. That is, unless they leave from there and drive throughout BCS picking up folks from their homes. It's that part of their service that really blows. Pick people up first at their homes, then head off to IAH from the new facility.
BlueMiles
AG
75AG said:

I will definitely use them once the new facility is open. That is, unless they leave from there and drive throughout BCS picking up folks from their homes. It's that part of their service that really blows. Pick people up first at their homes, then head off to IAH from the new facility.

I believe they changed their model and do exactly that now. Except for the new facility part.
ChampsAg
They do have a limited pick up area now. But you get picked up first. They also pick up at HEB Tower Point now.
75AG
AG
ChampsAg said:

They do have a limited pick up area now. But you get picked up first. They also pick up at HEB Tower Point now.
Thanks guys. That good news, as the home-pickup was the reason I quit using them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.