Aggieland
Sponsored By

So is Bryan about to get MUNSONED?

Tonto Goldstein 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I noticed Broadmoor has a sign that says that it is approved for traffic calming or quietening.

Mike taking a lesson from ol' David and going to try and close that street to just the residents.
I love beer.
musicforall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No, adding speed bumps, narrowing and a roundabout.

I think slowing may be a good idea but think it could have been accomplished by adding stop signs on Broadmoor at Peterson Way making it a three way stop and stop signs at Rustling Oaks making it a four way stop. And saved a ton of money and time. So much money for this project! Would be better spent on improving the park or even better, fix the sidewalks so they are ADA compliant all the way to 29th street. The wheelchair people from the retirement home ride in the street from 29th street to Rustling Oaks because the sidewalks are broken.

And I would not be happy if I was having a roundabout installed in my front yard!
Tonto Goldstein 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you.
I love beer.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
(Deleted)
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
musicforall said:

No, adding speed bumps, narrowing and a roundabout.

I think slowing may be a good idea but think it could have been accomplished by adding stop signs on Broadmoor at Peterson Way making it a three way stop and stop signs at Rustling Oaks making it a four way stop. And saved a ton of money and time. So much money for this project! Would be better spent on improving the park or even better, fix the sidewalks so they are ADA compliant all the way to 29th street. The wheelchair people from the retirement home ride in the street from 29th street to Rustling Oaks because the sidewalks are broken.

And I would not be happy if I was having a roundabout installed in my front yard!
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
montegobay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Those signs have been there since August and maybe even before. I suspect they were placed there when Blinn finished the next exit on Villa Maria that forces traffic to turn right towards that area. The easiest way to get back to 6 is to cut through that neighborhood.
Tonto Goldstein 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd personally like to see streets like that drop to 25 or 20 mph. There is no need for 30 mph in a residential area.

But that's just my opinion.

I love beer.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bh93 said:

I'd personally like to see streets like that drop to 25 or 20 mph. There is no need for 30 mph in a residential area.

But that's just my opinion.

It's a major collector road and connects a number of smaller subdivisions together. I don't understand people who willingly buy houses on wide roads that connect areas together and expect that they should be entitled to traffic speeds equivalent to a cul-de-sac.
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PS3D said:

bh93 said:

I'd personally like to see streets like that drop to 25 or 20 mph. There is no need for 30 mph in a residential area.

But that's just my opinion.

It's a major collector road and connects a number of smaller subdivisions together. I don't understand people who willingly buy houses on wide roads that connect areas together and expect that they should be entitled to traffic speeds equivalent to a cul-de-sac.

Some of those people probably bought their homes before Broadmoor was opened to through traffic. It used to dead end.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rex Racer said:

PS3D said:

bh93 said:

I'd personally like to see streets like that drop to 25 or 20 mph. There is no need for 30 mph in a residential area.

But that's just my opinion.

It's a major collector road and connects a number of smaller subdivisions together. I don't understand people who willingly buy houses on wide roads that connect areas together and expect that they should be entitled to traffic speeds equivalent to a cul-de-sac.

Some of those people probably bought their homes before Broadmoor was opened to through traffic. It used to dead end.
Not an excuse. The only way I could see why you could be legitimately upset is if all the criteria were met:
1. You are on Broadmoor east of 29th.
2. The house was obtained before 2008, which is when Broadmoor connected to Nash, but after 2005, when the road had extended by 800 feet to add three new cul-de-sac streets.
3. The speed limit had not previously been 30 mph before 2008.
4. Your realtor had mislead you about Broadmoor (the road was never terminated as a cul-de-sac, it was always designed for expansion).
Page 1 of 1
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.