Poppy's at the George

2,692 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiegal99
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wife and I wanted to try something new so we stopped by Century Square to check on Poppy's and, if we didn't like the menu, just go to Canteen. We picked Poppy's.

Very interesting restaurant that is a great addition to this area. They serve fairly small meat portions (about 4 oz) with some veggies for $10-14 a plate. The meats are not your typical gourmet meats. The night we went for example: boar, skate wing, quail, halibut, pork cheek in addition to more common stuff like beef tenderloin, chicken & dumplings. The veggies and meat we had (boar & skate wing and split a plate of veggies) were all top notch. They have a good variety of microbrews on draft (about 10), wines (I'm not a wine person no idea what the options are) and they had a full bar that I didn't take advantage of this visit.

It is a very different restaurant but well worth a visit if you want something outside of the typical fine dining experience.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
techno-ag
FlyRod
Glad to have another high end restaurant in town. We need them.
txgardengirl
I've been staring in the windows waiting forever it seems!

Can't wait to try it next date night- thanks for sharing
AggieBarstool
Captn_Ag05
AG
Did they leave the view of the restaurant open to the pool? Looked nice before opened but wonder if it will be awkward during the summer.
ukbb2003
Wife and I went last night as well for date night. It was a cool atmosphere and the view to the pool was still open. We had the conversation about how awkward it would be to be swimming while people were eating and staring. The food was different but good. We felt like we were back in Dallas and not CS.
aggiegal99
We went a few weeks ago. Service was fantastic. Our meats were great, but the veggie accompaniments were meh. I appreciated the concept of small portions of upscale food. It was fun to try a variety of things.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.