Youth Garage Sale (We will pick up donations)

1,563 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bigh281
bigh281
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Youth Group at Christ UMC is hosting their annual Youth Garage Sale on Jan 20. We will be picking up donations (items) from houses/businesses this Saturday (Jan 6) and next Saturday (Jan 13) starting at 10 am and ending around 1 or 2. Items we don't take are clothes, TV's, mattresses, and books. We take just about everything else, big or small. Also, if you know of anyone hosting a garage sale these next two weekends, let them know that we will come by and pick up what they don't sell! All proceeds from the garage sale will go towards our Youth Mission Trips.

If you have donations that you would like us to pick up, you can contact youth@christ-umc.org! Thanks Aggieland!

JeepWaveEarl
AG
Emailed this am! I have some good stuff I just need gone! Thanks for posting.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
First, just curious why not tv's or books?

Real question, would you want Halloween decorations which are of high quality animatronics types?

I probably have half a garage full of other stuff you might want.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I emailed but haven't recieved any response. I don't want to miss the ability to have it picked up and won't be here next weekend. Can you pass along to whomever could check that email?
bigh281
TV's and books are very, very hard to sell (believe it or not). After the sale, we give the leftovers to habitat and Twin City. None of those two accept TVs.

While SOME books sell, most of the books are taken to half price books at the end, and in the long run, it's best for us to just not take them.

And yes, we would take the Halloween decor!
bigh281
I will let them know you emailed and got no response! Would you mind sending them one more? Our coordinators have gotten dozens within the last week, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was accidentally overlooked. I'm very sorry about that!
JeepWaveEarl
AG
No worries just really would love to help and don't wanna miss out will email again. It's a huge undertaking and I'm proud they're doing it for youth programs. Thanks!!
bigh281
One last bump until our pickups this Saturday! We will take emails through Friday. Thanks again, Aggieland!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.