EGDs and Colonoscopies

2,136 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AggieBarstool
FTAC2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy,

Where does everyone go to get their procedures done in the B/CS area? I've seen Central Texas Endoscopy Center, are there any other Endoscopy centers or surgery centers that do these procedures?
stinkerbelle
Had mine through Scott & White.
SARATOGA
Generally you're going to have lower facility fees at an outpatient surgery center like Central Texas Endoscopy Center rather than a hospital. Most insurances cover screening colonoscopies at 100%
jrhmc
AG
My husband had a colonoscopy at Scott & White about a year before I had one at Central Texas and the cost for the two procedures was drastically different. It was thousands less for Central Texas and I was under full anesthesia instead of partial sedation like my husband. I see Dr. Moore.

ETA: Our insurance didn't cover either of us 100%. We pay a percentage after deductible so cost makes a difference.
isitjustme
AG
Dr, Dusold at S&W did both me (3) and my wife's colonoscopies. We were both under full anesthesia and it cost neither of us anything with our TAMU insurance plan. He's a good guy and humorous - how could you not be with that type of specialty?!? I recommend him if costs are the same as others providers.
EBrazosAg
AG
If you will have a out of pocket charge for the procedure, it is likely to cost much less at Central Texas than at S&W, SJ or CSMC. Just the nature of the beast - outpatient center rates vs hospital outpatient rates. You would think they are the same......and you would be wrong.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dubi
AG
agrab86 said:

Dr, Dusold at S&W did both me (3) and my wife's colonoscopies. We were both under full anesthesia and it cost neither of us anything with our TAMU insurance plan. He's a good guy and humorous - how could you not be with that type of specialty?!? I recommend him if costs are the same as others providers.
They charged your insurance far more than a stand alone surgery center.
isitjustme
AG
dubi said:

agrab86 said:

They charged your insurance far more than a stand alone surgery center.
Just in case my point was unclear, here is what I meant to communicate:

I recommend him (Dr. Dusold) if out-of-pocket costs to the patient are the same as others providers.

I don't really care what they charged my insurance company so long as I didn't have to pay anything and I received high quality health care.
tamc1956ag
S
Where ever you go, it's a in-and-out procedure and they will get to the bottom of it!
tx_ag_gal
AG
I happen to have close, intimate knowledge of Central Texas Endoscopy Center and the previous responses are correct. Your out of pocket costs will be much lower there and your overall satisfaction will likely be much higher. They are 7 fabulous, experienced physicians, 3 great CRNAs to keep you comfortable and a super staff of very knowledgeable nurses and technicians to see you through your procedure. The phone number to schedule is 979-774-4211.
BlueMiles
AG
tamc1956ag said:

Where ever you go, it's a in-and-out procedure and they will get to the bottom of it!
AggieBarstool
+1 Cen. Tex. Endo. Center!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.