Suddenlink does it again

7,223 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Thisguy1
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just dropped all DOZEN or so Starz channels and so graciously gave us a damn chick flick POS , Hallmark, and 1 as in UNO HD Movie channel!!! All for the same recently RAISED price!!!
Typical !!!
To HELL with these idiots ! It's off to DirectTV ASAP
The Original AG 76
AG

of course they do but this is not a temporary bargaining ploy. Their email and the note on the former available channels clearly state that the channels are GONE , go get em elsewhere. Its a significant downgrade to an already pathetic channel lineup and crap obsolete technology.
They have dropped also a dozen movie options for a single movie channel , a chick flik channel and some rodeo based crap. AND the this is on the heals of a price increase to boot. I honestly think that they want to get outa the TV business and concentrate on internet and business applications.
rsa
AG
Looks like the drop has been a long time coming on the Altice systems: Starz, Altice USA Keep 2018 Resolution to Offer Customers Less. You can subscribe to Starz' streaming service app.
The Anchor
AG
Meh. I had Starz free last month and I literally didn't watch a single thing on it.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

of course they do but this is not a temporary bargaining ploy. Their email and the note on the former available channels clearly state that the channels are GONE , go get em elsewhere. Its a significant downgrade to an already pathetic channel lineup and crap obsolete technology.
They have dropped also a dozen movie options for a single movie channel , a chick flik channel and some rodeo based crap. AND the this is on the heals of a price increase to boot. I honestly think that they want to get outa the TV business and concentrate on internet and business applications.

Okay, then find other options. You are obviously dissatisfied....drop Suddenlink and sign with a satellite company. You have choices.

I'm sure you'll never have a single complaint about DirectTV, because they never raise their rates, drop channels, offer channels you don't want, offer poor customer service, etc.

Quote:

Their email and the note on the former available channels clearly state that the channels are GONE , go get em elsewhere.
They were so hell bent on getting rid of these channels that all of the channels and their schedules are still showing on my TIVO guide. I guess they wanted us all to know exactly what programs we are missing.
Dennis Reynolds
Starz is awful anyways.
jja79
AG
Sounds like they uograded their service.
The Original AG 76
AG
jja79 said:

Sounds like they uograded their service.

Yep a set of channels that simply plays a bunch of movies some good , some bad must be bad. Whatever
The Anchor
AG
FYI - I called them yesterday afternoon to get a better rate. They offered to add HBO to my current lineup for about $6 (after taxes/fees) less than I am paying. I really don't want HBO so they offered to drop my total price around $20 for the exact same setup I have now. Maybe give them a call and you can get HBO instead (or a price reduction).
The Original AG 76
AG
The Anchor said:

FYI - I called them yesterday afternoon to get a better rate. They offered to add HBO to my current lineup for about $6 (after taxes/fees) less than I am paying. I really don't want HBO so they offered to drop my total price around $20 for the exact same setup I have now. Maybe give them a call and you can get HBO instead (or a price reduction).
Just got off the phone with retention and they said NO WAY to any HBO. They never heard of anybody doing this. I escalated it 2 levels to a so-called manager and they said NO DEAL. The will be giving some sort of credit and reduction as soon as they figure out the amount. They dont even know how much yet !!!
I told the so-called manager that they will be forcing me to go to Direct as soon as I can make the time for the all day ordeal and basically he wished me luck and thanked me for my soon to be former business. Said that they had no idea this was coming as it was a sudden decision from their new corporate overlords with only one days notice. Guy was NOT a typical a-hole and was downright friendly but said he had no options to offer.
If I get the $20 you got I will be back to where I was before their 2017 price jump with a lot less movie options.
Hellova way to run a business but....
CN
Try again later.

When my bill went up $20 a couple of months ago, the person I spoke to would not budge and let me follow through with my threat of dropping cable. I called the next day to verify how much my internet only bill would be and the person I spoke to then was much easier to work with and restored my cable+internet bundle for just a couple bucks more than what I was paying before the rate increase.
The Original AG 76
AG
CN said:

Try again later.

When my bill went up $20 a couple of months ago, the person I spoke to would not budge and let me follow through with my threat of dropping cable. I called the next day to verify how much my internet only bill would be and the person I spoke to then was much easier to work with and restored my cable+internet bundle for just a couple bucks more than what I was paying before the rate increase.
good advise. I honestly think that this hit em so sudden that they have no idea wha the directives are. Pathetic company but I might give it a week or so since I just don't have the time to go thru the effort to have DTV installed just now.
jja79
AG
In the time it takes to post about everything you're unhappy about DTV installer could be in and out.
The Anchor
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

The Anchor said:

Just got off the phone with retention and they said NO WAY to any HBO. They never heard of anybody doing this. I escalated it 2 levels to a so-called manager and they said NO DEAL. The will be giving some sort of credit and reduction as soon as they figure out the amount. They dont even know how much yet !!!
I told the so-called manager that they will be forcing me to go to Direct as soon as I can make the time for the all day ordeal and basically he wished me luck and thanked me for my soon to be former business. Said that they had no idea this was coming as it was a sudden decision from their new corporate overlords with only one days notice. Guy was NOT a typical a-hole and was downright friendly but said he had no options to offer.
If I get the $20 you got I will be back to where I was before their 2017 price jump with a lot less movie options.
Hellova way to run a business but....

Odd. It took about 10 minutes for me and about 6 of that i was on hold.
soccerisforwusses
Just throwing this out there for anyone moving from suddenlink/dish network to directv.

Until January 11th if you move to DIRECTV, AT&T's offer is to upgrade a line and get another upgrade for free. If you buy an iPhone X you can get up to $700 off the price of a new iPhone 8/8+. IPhone X is not eligible for the get one free part. If you upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy 8 series you can upgrade another line (if eligible) to another Galaxy 8 series up to $750 in credits.

Also new Directv customers can get a $200 VISA rewards card and up to $300 off your cell phone account over 30 months.

If you are on an AT&T unlimited Plus plan you also get HBO for free and an additional $15 customer loyalty discount for life off your directv bill.

I've been around the industry for a while and this is by far the best integrated DIRECTV/AT&T promotion I have saw. Does end on January 11th though.

Just stop into one of your local AT&T stores to avail of these promotions.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Hit up Aggiefan#1

Your choice DTV or Dish. He's done 5 or 6 installs for me. He's the best
AG
...........and they're back.

Suddenlink and Starz reach a new deal. I knew it: no provider and channel dispute lasts forever. This one lasted six weeks.
AggieBarstool
GiveEmHellBill said:

...........and they're back.

Suddenlink and Starz reach a new deal. I knew it: no provider and channel dispute lasts forever. This one lasted six weeks.
Lulz. I called Suddenlink earlier today (unrelated reason) and their automated answering service was talking up the fact that OMG STATZ IS BACK WE WORKED SO HARD ON YOUR BEHALF OMG!.

I had a chuckle -- mostly because I was calling to cancel my cable TV service (decided to cut the cord; still have internet).
SumAggie
I'll be OUT of here in 16 months and will NEVER have to deal with their crappy service again.....
Thisguy1
Suddenlink sucks. The only reason I have them and not satellite is because I don't want to lose my picture during storms, but now I constantly get error messages saying my channel isn't available, so I'm basically getting the worst of satellite with suddenlink's ****ty product.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.