BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2018)

703,869 Views | 2375 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mgreen
BCStalk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm hearing the LaSalle
LightningDammitt
AG
Oddity said:

LightningDammitt said:

nashvilleaggie11 said:

West End Elixir coming to Downtown Bryan next month (Feb 2018)
Can confirm, with 3 sources!

Where at in Downtown Bryan?
They will be in the LaSalle Hotel... It will be a restaurant/bar.

I would expect that this will work VERY well... Provides a more "chill" location (vs Northgate) for the non-college age crowd..
nashvilleaggie11
Lord knows the La Salle desperately needs something...I think it's been going downhill. Hopefully the addition of west end will be a beneficial to all parties
DontBeTriggered
Gigem314 said:

Quote:

Gringo's - South College Station
Glad to see this is still on the list...I hadn't seen anything on it for quite some time.

I hope it goes through. It would be nice to have a good Tex-Mex option in South College Station. Most of the places in B/CS are pretty overrated anyway.

Rumor is that the Gringos will now be a Casa Ole in South College Station. Kids love Casa Ole!
phatpat21
Gringos > Casa Ole
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
A la bodega second location will be opening inside the Backyard on northgate this month. Pretty much the same menu as the Bodega express inside Cafe Eccell.
KidDoc
AG
chrisfield said:

A la bodega second location will be opening inside the Backyard on northgate this month. Pretty much the same menu as the Bodega express inside Cafe Eccell.
Awesome!

Wife & I went to Cafe Eccel last Sunday for brunch and it was the first time we had visited since the opening of La Bodega. I had the brunch enchiladas and my wife had the heuvos rancheroes and both were outstanding. Add a 30 oz $10 shaker and it was one heck of a brunch!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Captn_Ag05
AG
MonkIsMyHero said:

Gigem314 said:

Quote:

Glad to see this is still on the list...I hadn't seen anything on it for quite some time.

I hope it goes through. It would be nice to have a good Tex-Mex option in South College Station. Most of the places in B/CS are pretty overrated anyway.

Rumor is that the Gringos will now be a Casa Ole in South College Station. Kids love Casa Ole!

This is a joke, right?
LightningDammitt
AG
nashvilleaggie11 said:

Lord knows the La Salle desperately needs something...I think it's been going downhill. Hopefully the addition of west end will be a beneficial to all parties
I really do think West End will benefit the LaSalle; and, likewise, that the LaSalle will benefit West End... The previous bar/restaurant, 120 Spirits(?), was doing pretty well, but it was somewhat of a secret. Great food, reasonably priced, but no one knew about it, and they didn't advertise.

West End will probably advertise/sell itself, the historic building is a great fit, and the courtyard is great for live music.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I honestly didn't know there was a bar in the lobby of the La Salle previously
LightningDammitt
AG
Doink the Clown said:

Exactly... I do not know if that "secrecy" was intentional or not, but it seemed like a bad plan... That "spot" needs more customers than just hotel visitors to support it.
Geralt of Rivia
S
LightningDammitt said:

Doink the Clown said:

Exactly... I do not know if that "secrecy" was intentional or not, but it seemed like a bad plan... That "spot" needs more customers than just hotel visitors to support it.

Yeah, I said my previous post as somebody who had lived in B/CS for most of his life. A lot of times ( especially during the break) I'll get asked about places to meet up, and I am always hesitant to say somewhere in downtown because it's a good way away from me (I'm in Wellborn) and I know from past experience that Murphy's Law will close early if they don't have much business
LastHamlet
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

MonkIsMyHero said:

Gigem314 said:

Quote:

This is a joke, right?
Sure hope that is a joke. If people want Casa Ole then go to the freezer section of your supermarket.
TLIAC
AG
Biosystem Fitness opened recently in the TJ Max shopping center (1222 Harvey Road). It is in the previously vacant space next to Toys R Us.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Yes, it's delicious. Have to roll me out of there
JM04
war hymn aggie
AG
was told that Bill Allen (motorcycle guy) is going in with West End Elixir & will be in charge of all the food.
He recently closed his motorcycle shop.
BlueMiles
AG
war hymn aggie said:

was told that Bill Allen (motorcycle guy) is going in with West End Elixir & will be in charge of all the food.

No road kill I hope!
http://www.bikernet.com/pages/story_detail.aspx?id=10185
LightningDammitt
AG
BlueMiles said:

war hymn aggie said:

No road kill I hope!
http://www.bikernet.com/pages/story_detail.aspx?id=10185
Yes, Bill is running the kitchen...!

"Hairy Bikers is an American reality television series which aired on History Channel. The show was based on the British show of the same name and featured chef Paul Patranella, and his friend Bill Allen, following the original's format as the two traverse the United States on motorcycles. Patranella was a former chef for The White House, acting for a time as George W. Bush's personal chef.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairy_Bikers_(U.S._TV_series)#cite_note-1][1][/url] Allen owns a motorcycle repair shop in Texas."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairy_Bikers_(U.S._TV_series)

Wikipedia article giving additional background on Bill...

This is gonna be good!
amanda04
AG
Just FYI, the "Bourbon and BBQ" listed under coming soon is All the Kings Men that just opened in DTB.

Also, there's a new sign up at the old Pollo Tote at Texas & Sulphur Spring/Eagle Pass for a Cajun Seafood place. The sign literally says "OMG" so I don't know if that's the name, or just how excited you are supposed to be.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Anyone been to all the Kings men? How's the bourbon list?
LightningDammitt
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

Anyone been to all the Kings men? How's the bourbon list?
I have been to All the Kings Men...

As of 01/06/18, their "soft-opening store hours" are Wed-Sat, 11-4. (They are trying to get staff in place)

I did not have bourbon... Great beer selection tho!

As far as BBQ, make SURE to get the "candied pork belly burnt ends". You can buy me a beer as a thankyou later!
No Bat Soup For You
eloc62
war hymn aggie said:

Good luck to Bill. hope he kills it there. I will visit.
ChampsAg
Talked to Aaron the owner and he said that they got in a little late to get all the bourbons he wanted. Plan is to have the bourbon list up soon

Still only open 11-4. Eventual plan is Tuesday-Saturday 11-11 and a bbq brunch on Sunday.
ChampsAg
Those were amazing!! Ribs are superb as well. Espresso BBQ sauce. Hmmmm
EBrazosAg
AG
The Krispy Kreme is going into a pad site in the parking lot in front of TJ Max on Harvey. Odd location if you ask me.... can't see the stop in traffic on the way to work being that good there. But it may have been only location they could find that met their financial needs to build. That is Dunkin Donut's issue with building in B/CS.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PS3D
EBrazosAg said:

The Krispy Kreme is going into a pad site in the parking lot in front of TJ Max on Harvey. Odd location if you ask me.... can't see the stop in traffic on the way to work being that good there. But it may have been only location they could find that met their financial needs to build. That is Dunkin Donut's issue with building in B/CS.
It looks like it's going next to Mattress Sleep Centers (that side). Wasn't that on or near where Grandy's used to be?
Captn_Ag05
AG
They should put their signage closer to where it can be seen from the bypass so that everyone can know when the donuts are hot!
Captn_Ag05
AG
PS3D said:

EBrazosAg said:

It looks like it's going next to Mattress Sleep Centers (that side). Wasn't that on or near where Grandy's used to be?

https://imgur.com/a/fn7JD

I believe it's going in where the black box is, correct?
PS3D
Captn_Ag05 said:

PS3D said:

EBrazosAg said:

https://imgur.com/a/fn7JD

I believe it's going in where the black box is, correct?
Based on posted city plans where driveways are, that is correct.

As to your other question, it won't happen due to College Station's limitations on sign height.
atm86
AG
Picadillo said:

When is the Wolf Creek carwash at Rock Prairie and 6 (southbound side) going to reopen from last year's fire?
It is open.
Rex Racer
AG
Cyp0111 said:

Said no one ever.
My wife agrees that Kroger has better produce. And it's true that HEB promotes their own brand to the detriment of name brands. Just go to the HEB on Villa Maria and look at the Campbell's soup section. That's but one example.

Don't get me wrong, I love HEB, and we shop there, as well (a LOT).
Oddity
I've been to all the HEB stores in BCS. I usually shop at the Villa Maria store, but their produce is horrid. Just last week there was a dead moth in the celery. I tried going to Kroger once but was disappointed in their produce and meat.

I typically go to Farm Patch for my produce. However, the two College Station stores have a decent selection, with the best store being on William D. Fitch.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Site plans submitted to Bryan for Canyon Creek Entertainment. What is that?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.