Why don't Bryan-College Station attract higher paying jobs?

17,180 Views | 142 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
GoneGirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Quote:

The apartment complexes is what the city wants. More bodies, more beds, higher taxes and fees.

This does not compute. More apartment complexes = more people who require more services and the taxes don't typically cover the difference.
lost my dog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Slocum on a mobile said:

I am aware of who gets the higher paying jobs in an IT company.

The vast majority of the townies aren't going to fill dev / eng type roles, but those roles would attract folks who spend money. You'd be surprised at how hard it is to fill roles like that around here with qualified folks. Been stuck trying to fill roles like that around here.
Yes, I am certain you are aware of that - sorry if I gave the impression you aren't.

Let me ask - we have a big university in town that pumps out lots of comp sci/IT grads. Do they not have the skills for which you're looking? Or do they just wanna get out of town?

I agree with you that a large IT sector would not employ townies in the "good jobs", unless the townies got the right (post-high school) education.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.