Septic maintenance plan

3,079 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Enfield
TexAg1987
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What are the going rates?
I am happy with my service, but the cost seems to be on the high side. What are y'all paying?
JaneDoe02
AG
$250/yr
TexAg1987
Who with?
JaneDoe02
AG
Bates Backhoe out of Hearne. No complaints, but I don't really interact with them much. They do their thing and I write a check once a year.

I'm not even sure if that's a good price or not. We bought the house 4 years ago and that's who the previous owners used, and we just kept on using them. If you find someone a lot cheaper I'd be interested.
The Original AG 76
AG
Aggieland Septic..around $250/yr
TexAg1987
ASIM just sent me a renewal for $500

Great service, but that is ridiculous.
Mom2Kidz
AG
I have checked with the County Heath Department and discovered that we can perform our own inspections. A&M teaches a six-hour course that is recognized by the County and then we have to complete the maintenance, sampling, and reporting as the class instructs. According to the instructor, "Our six hour Homeowner Maintenance of Aerobic Treatment Units course is accepted by Brazos County, and is intended for homeowners wanting to take care of their own system." The class is next scheduled for late January at the RELLIS Campus. As soon as I get a firm date (and cost, if any), I'll update the post.
GSS
To call what the county requires, and most companies provide, a "maintenance plan" is erroneous. More of a 'reporting" plan. Just see how much maintenance you are provided under the typical plan, if something breaks or needs repair.
Mom2Kidz
AG
The class is scheduled for January 26 at the RELLIS campus. Cost is $100 per participant. Here is the link to register: https://agriliferegister.tamu.edu/productListingDetails/2492

Let's fill this class and drop outrageous contracts that provide limited benefit.
EBrazosAg
AG
Take the class..... they have to honor your license if you take the class and pass the test. I assume there is some kind of continuing education requirement and relicensing period. Williamson Co. tried to ignore the licensing of private individuals a while back I understand and got it handed to them in court. Luckily I have a traditional field system so it doesn't matter to me. But what a racket the aerobic systems are........
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
snaglepuss
Just wondering...what happens when a repair is needed whether minor or major, I believe that would require a licensed person to work on it. Seems like it would be much cheaper or free if you had a contractor.

Tailgate88
AG
snaglepuss said:

Just wondering...what happens when a repair is needed whether minor or major, I believe that would require a licensed person to work on it. Seems like it would be much cheaper or free if you had a contractor.

Heath Backhoe is my company, and I have been pleased with their service. It's $270 a year I think, but there have been a few minor things that have gone wrong over the years and I didn't get billed extra. And the time I discovered a small lake in my yard, he was out the same day. I wonder if a contractor would respond as quickly to someone who was not on a maintenance contract.
GSS
snaglepuss said:

Anyone modestly mechanically inclined can rebuild the air pump, or pull the main pump or float switch for repair or replacement. If you had piping problems, then it may require equipment or additional labor/expertise.
EBrazosAg
AG
As above - finding a contractor to work on it without a service agreement is no big deal. There are plenty around.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jetty
AG
Heath installed our system and has provided minor repairs with no extra charges since 2000. Excellent service and good guys.
Enfield
All American is Aggie-owned and the best around.

575-4161
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.