CSHS Football

21,511 Views | 181 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SPI-FlatsCatter 84
LJF78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bh93 said:

Those officials are ducking terrible

That is an absolutely terrible call on excessive celebration.. Give me a break
Fishing Fools
Score?
LJF78
20-19 CSHS

Aledo place kicker has missed 2 Extra points

And now CSHS fumbles at midfield with under minute left.. Aledo recovers and would of returned for a TD but officials said he was down... Replay disagrees

CS caught the mother of all breaks
mts6175
AG
These refs remind me of us playing the sips........
taxpreparer
AG
Way to go Cougs!
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
ukbb2003
STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!
mwm
Congrats, coogs!
LJF78
mts6175 said:

Um you do realize CSHS got the call of the year to win that game.
Replay clearly showed that was fumble under a minute to go and Aledo would of returned it for a TD and the lead with 30 something seconds left.

Fishing Fools
Congratulations!!!

Onward to BFND!!!
Average Joe
AG
They would have had it at the 30. They recovered it on the ground.
BANA89
AG
Great win by CSHS, had to beat Aledo and the refs
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
BANA89
AG
LJF78 said:

mts6175 said:

Replay clearly showed that was fumble under a minute to go and Aledo would of returned it for a TD and the lead with 30 something seconds left.

They blew the whistle quickly to save maximum time on the clock for Aledo's timeout, can't have it both ways
mts6175
AG
LJF78 said:

mts6175 said:

Except the whistle was blown before he even fumbled it. And you do realize they gave Aledo a free TD in the 1st half with two waived off flags and a terrible spot on a TD drive? The refs were terrible this game.
veritas47
BANA89 said:

Great win by CSHS, had to beat Aledo and the refs

Are you referring to the semifinal? The title game officiating/clock operating was slanted terribly toward CSHS.
AgDotCom
BANA89 said:

They blew the whistle quickly to save maximum time on the clock for Aledo's timeout, can't have it both ways
LOL is this for real?

Congrats to CSHS, this Aledo team wasn't quite the same class as the ones which dominated over the past several years. And the two missed extra points were huge, obviously.

But the Coogs did enough when they needed to do it, not only in this game but in the playoff run. That doesn't happen by accident. Excited for their program and the entire B/CS community. This plus the recent Navasota championships lifts all boats around here.
curry97
AG
20-19. State Champs!
ukbb2003
Hopefully this isn't the last championship once the school board works their magic.
Psychag
AG
Will have a baseball championship to go with football.
MB19
AG
LJF78 said:

mts6175 said:

I just spoke to a friend who is a ref in DFW and at the game. He told me he believes that the call was absolutely correct. Forward progress was stopped and whistle was being blown.
csnole
Official State Championship Merchandise available later today!!

Cougar Club has partnered with CC Creations to add ease and convenience in getting your state championship apparel. They will have a special section inside The Warehouse and you can get it off of their website!!!!

So those out of town can benefit also!!!

This is a great opportunity and a portion of the sales goes to Cougar Club and CSISD. Win win.

Picture available on the Cougar Club or CC Creations Facebook & Twitter pages
Stupe
S
That was fun.

The last minute almost killed me.
phatpat21
What a great time my family and I had at the game. Great to see such a turnout! So proud of that team. Played hard and never gave up. Special teams was the difference! Congrats Cougars, 2017 State Champions!!!!!!!
BANA89
AG
Attendance was 28,000from what I heard
Spyderman
Oogway
Stupe said:

Deleted?

You should get banned for saying something like that when a team is on a run.

Do you talk about no hitters in the 8th, too?

Sometimes, like Santa Claus, ya just gotta believe. Merry Christmas Stupe and congratulations to the Cougars.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Just landed home. What a crazy weekend. What a wild 2 month ride.

Best I can figure for the wife and I:

6 games
6 venues
6 x 881 miles avg round trip/week
6 x TRILL!!!!
S
Unfortunately, I had to miss the Jacksonville game but made the rest of them. The crowd at Jerry World was great and our program got a lot of compliments from other schools.

That was a fun atmosphere on Saturday.

Thinking back, the only game that I missed was the Jacksonville game. This was a really fun season to watch.
WoodAg
Some seem very concerned about the officiating gifting it to CSHS.

First, yes, that was a fumble late. However, it was blown dead before it came out. It was a quick whistle but any other play in the last few minutes Aledo would have wanted that.

Any complaints about a series of calls/no calls that went the other way?
How about in the second half when Aledo had a first down finally across the 50.
On first and 10 Conchola was given the Myles treatment and mauled from behind. Everyone in the stadium saw it except the refs. Instead of 1st and 20 it was 2nd and 3.
That's quite a difference.
Additionally, I believe one hold was called on Conchola all day when it was a Myles like problem. Could have been every play almost.
What happened on 2nd and 3?

QB rolls left....body and ball are a full yard at least past LOS.
WR is blocking downfield for him.
He throws a dump to a WR.
Flag thrown - not sure if call No illegal forward pass or illegal block. Both would have been accurate.
WR catches the ball and strolls past the block of the other guy who was engaged early.
Touchdown.
Flag picked up, inexplicably.

That doesn't fit the narrative, though so ignore it.

I'm sure if Perez held on to the ball and fought for a few more seconds people would be blaming no the refs for wasting precious seconds for Aledo.
taxpreparer
AG
Not tok mention the Aledo 4th and two play where the bsll was clearly spotted a yard and a half further doiwnfield than it shoud have been, giving Aledo a first d iwn that lead to a touch.down in tyhe thied quarter (I think.)
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
slyk
Awesome job Cougars! (coming from a Consol grad)
For those that missed it there will be a replay on FSSW Thurs the 28th at 1PM. Be sure to catch and/or record it.
All the other state championship playoffs will be replayed thru-out the week at various times. starting as early as midnight tonight. So check the guide if you want to see any of the other games.
powerbelly
AG
I would recommend everyone watch the Manvel vs HP game. Craziest game I have ever watched
Tailgate88
AG
We were sitting in the corner with the band so did not have a good view across the field but once again the feeling in the building was we were going to have to beat the other team AND the refs. Last year the refs pulled off the win for Calallen. This year the Cougars would not be denied!

I am really proud of this team, district, and community. There was a legion of purple in the stands yesterday most who had driven three hours to get there and the fans DID play a part in the game!

In the near future Coach Fedora will have Consol back in contention as well and I look forward to putting on my Maroon and turning out to support the Tigers too!
Stupe
S
LJF78 said:

mts6175 said:

Even if they had ruled it a fumble and a live ball, it would not have been returned for a touchdown. The Aledo player was down when he gained control of the ball.
Stupe
S
Tailgate88 said:

In the near future Coach Fedora will have Consol back in contention as well and I look forward to putting on my Maroon and turning out to support the Tigers too!
Although nearly impossible, I would love to see both schools bring home hardware in the same season.
ukbb2003
Stupe said:

Tailgate88 said:

Although nearly impossible, I would love to see both schools bring home hardware in the same season.

Unfortunately, I don't think that is going to happen. The school board is going to screw this up. If you noticed during the broadcast, the announcers talked about how continuity and starting with the kids early was critical to Aledo's success. They also talked about it with CSHS too. They talked about how important it was for the kids to run the system starting in 6th, 7th, 8th grade. That is about to all go away here.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.