CSHS Football

21,469 Views | 181 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SPI-FlatsCatter 84
phatpat21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Only one I know for sure is Marquez Perez, going to Tulsa as a WR. I wonder how many offers he had/has. As I said earlier, he is one of the if not the fast high school football players I've ever seen.
I'm sure there are a few others with opportunities
BANA89
AG
There's a few offers from what I hear, but not necessarily top programs. I heard QB has an offer from Tulsa or something like that and a few others similar, but not connected to the families and don't know for sure.

IMO, the team is not dominated by a few elite athletes with prototypical size and measurables, but a pretty balanced set of players with elite across the board speed that play well as a team together.

That's different for example from PNG we played a few weeks back where the top athlete on the field was their QB (who has accepted a t.u. offer I believe) and the rest of the team wasn't at that level. That's been true of several of the playoff teams we've beaten that didn't have across the board talent.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
jfb88
My son is on the team and they are very well coached. They always seem to know what the other team is doing. They are a very balanced team. With that said several of their players have the skill set to excel in college given the chance.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
just got home (RGV) from NRG game. When they ran us out of the stadium last night it was absolutely pouring down rain. Wind driven and colder than a well diggers ***

LOL, nobody cared.

Great game. Again. These kids try so hard.. They're so well coached. Most playoff games they have been physically smaller and arguably less "athletic" maybe, but scheme and execution overcome

Can't say enough and won't single out individual players. This is an incredibly talented TEAM, and I promise you that win lose or draw, right now the Aledo staff knows they are facing their toughest challenge of 2017

See y'all in the Big D
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

snip

Great game. Again. These kids try so hard.. They're so well coached. Most playoff games they have been physically smaller and arguably less "athletic" maybe, but scheme and execution overcome

Can't say enough and won't single out individual players. This is an incredibly talented TEAM, and I promise you that win lose or draw, right now the Aledo staff knows they are facing their toughest challenge of 2017

See y'all in the Big D

Earlier in the season on the 'area' thread, that was something we were commenting upon. When the QB was out for a brief period with an injury, the next fellow (I think that was eloc's son?) stepped right into the role and did quite well. That type of coordination between players and their coaches requires an understanding of expectations, abilities and desire. It doesn't always work that way (!) but when it does, it is memorable. Again, congratulations and good luck to the team.
jfb88
Oh way it was my son that stepped in the 2nd half vs. Westlake when Marquez was injured. He had not practiced with the Varsity in preparation for Westlake as he was supposed to be the JV qb this year but the coaches have the program so prepared he was able to step in and run offense. The Cougars are truly a team.
BANA89
AG
BTW, at yesterday's game I noticed an older man sitting off to the side with a Westlake logo on his shirt and talked to him briefly. He said he waited around after their loss to see how we would do. He was very complimentary and expected us to do well. Was an interesting conversation with a knowledgeable early season competitor.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
drivinwest
AG
We're a Consol household, but go Cougars! Proud of this team and Coach Huff is one helluva coach.
LOYAL AG
AG
Fantastic game! I really can't remember watching a team execute better than the Cougars did last night. I'm on this thread after the Marshall game being critical of clock management late in that game so it's only fair to give Huff and his staff credit for what was obviously a great week of preparation heading into last night's game. Very well done! See y'all in Arlington!
Gravy
AG
Hey, any chance you are the Alex that was the spotter at NRG?
eloc62
phatpat21 said:

Only one I know for sure is Marquez Perez, going to Tulsa as a WR. I wonder how many offers he had/has. As I said earlier, he is one of the if not the fast high school football players I've ever seen.
I'm sure there are a few others with opportunities
After watching this team all year, other than Perez, seems like maybe Marquis Conchola, Jalen Campbell, Harrison Wellman and David Hahn may be able to play college ball somewhere.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Add Jeremiah Williams (LT) to that list. I know he's gotta couple offers right now
Tailgate88
AG
Quote:

Cougars State Playoff Information

CSHS Cougars vs Aledo
Saturday, December 23rd, 11:00 am
Cougars are the home team and will sit on the South (Cowboys) sideline.

Pre-game ticket sales:
Tuesday 7:30 am-1:30 pm
Wednesday and Thursday 7:30 am - 7:30 pm
Where: CSHS Ticket Office located inside the Fieldhouse

Pre-game Ticket Prices:
Adult: $14 Student: $10

Age 1 and up must have a ticket
Student tickets are for children age 1 up to 18 years of age.

Limit 6 adult and 4 student tickets per person (UIL AT&T rules)

All tickets sold at AT&T Stadium and through Ticketmaster will be $15.

Only passes accepted: THSCA/TSMCA member only and must show membership card and picture ID at the pass gate.

Gates at AT&T Stadium open 1 hour prior to the first game of the day.

Paid parking - $10 per car (credit card), $15 per car (cash)

FAN INFORMATION
Banners are allowed at AT&T stadium if it does not impede the sightline of other guests. Banners must be installed immediately before the school's game and must be removed immediately after the game ends. Banners and signs cannot be attached to sticks or poles. Adhesives and zipties are prohibited. No knives are allowed in the stadium to cut banners down. String or elastic cords are suggested alternatives.

NO powder, confetti, or streamers will be allowed in the stands.

All fans will be subject to the stadium's clear bag policy and will be searched upon entering the stadium. Fans will walk through metal detectors upon entry into the stadium.

NO artificial noisemakers are allowed at this event in the stands. NO air horns or whistles will be permitted in the stands. Only man-made noisemakers will be allowed. EX: jugs with beads, inflatable boom sticks, clackers, cowbells.

The only artificial horn allowed will be if a school brings a train horn on the field and can only be used during specific points during the game.

Fan bus AND Student fan bus info, $20/person:

http://www.cshscougarclub.com/fanbus

Go Cougars!!
Stupe
S
Two of them are full and they are selling seats on a third.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
We have to fly in, but the bus deal out of CS is pretty good. Leave at 7am?

Home by dark same day?
AG

Quote:

CHARTER STUDENT BUS DETAILS:
  • Saturday morning on DEC.23.
  • MEET at front of College Station High School to load bus and travel to AT&T Stadium!
  • Bus will LOAD at 6:15am & DEPART at 6:30am.
  • RETURN home following the Cougar Victory!

They are also selling seats on a separate group of buses for students only, that will be chaperoned by CSHS teachers.
Mon Dow 2000
AG
Only 39 seats left on bus #3.
Stupe
S
SPI-FlatsCatter 84 said:

We have to fly in, but the bus deal out of CS is pretty good. Leave at 7am?

Home by dark same day?
It's really good deal considering that it covers parking and I don't have to drive for six hours.

Load at 6:15, leave by 6:30.

The second game is at 3:00, so I would assume we will be back by 6:30.
Aggie
AG
Stupe said:

The second game is at 3:00, so I would assume we will be back by 6:30.

The 2nd game is scheduled for 3pm.
They have a set amount of time scheduled in between games.. I think it's 45 minute... And they don't alter that time.

So if the 1st games goes long or into OT or something and runs till say 2:30 they are not going to rush to start the next game.

They play the game.. Have the trophy ceremony, clear the field then start the countdown clock to the next game.

Being the 1st game CS vs Aledo obviously won't be effected but very rarely does the schedule keep.
Often the last game of the day starts pretty late.
Last year the last game on Saturday was lake Travis vs The Woodlands and it was pushing 9pm before it started
cubbies25
AG
My son played for CSHS last year and it was a magical ride throughout the play-offs. Those kids are building lifetime memories...win or lose...but a W would be great. The coaching staff is the best group of men around...told my son and his friends 7 years ago when Coach Huff got the job that they were in great hands. Good Luck to the Cougars!!!
eloc62
Yes, Coach Huff has this program rolling right now. He is a really good HS football coach and has a really good team of assistant coaches. My son has loved playing for him. he showed me a video of coach Huff dancing in the locker room after the win over McCallum. On to Dallas. Go Cougars!
csnole
Official Cougar Club Shirts will be available tomorrow Thursday around 1:30 outside the cafeteria doors of CSHS and be there all day until 6pm.

Friday we will be available from 7:30am-9:30am also at the high school

ALL shirts are $10.

Cotton or drifit long sleeve or short sleeve adults
Youth sizes are short sleeve drifit only.

All proceeds go back to the athletes
We appreciate your support!!!!

Can someone please attach the picture of the shirt - it is on the CSHS Cougar Club Facebook page and Twitter Page - Thanks
Tailgate88
AG
AgFan1999
AG
Did anyone proofread that shirt? It's Port Neches-Groves.
powerbelly
AG
AgFan1999 said:

Did anyone proofread that shirt? It's Port Neches-Groves.
You think SAHMs have time to proofread.
MiMi
S
CSHS state championship game to televised live
Aggie
AG
All state championship games above 6man are televised live..
Oogway
Okay, game day getting closer. Who is going to be the title holder this year? Post your predicted score and reasoning behind your choice. I am not gambling, offering 'poop slaps' or any of that crazy zoo stuff those fellas get up to. Just a chance to post your prediction on the outcome of one game at the end of one season.

Aledo Bearcats vs College Station Cougars

My pick : College Station to win, final score 42-21

This was a tough call, but I really believe they (CS) are the better, more complete team. CS can run, they can throw, they can defend. Aledo has a great ground game, and if the game was played in crappy weather outside, I would have made the score a lot closer. If Aledo falls behind, their ability to catch up will be hindered by the Cougar's excellent coverage. Those guys have been clutch all year. If CS falls behind, they have the receiving corps to catch up and Aledo will have trouble stopping them (although if I had to guess, CS will test out the Bearcat corners early to see how much of an advantage they have). CS has played D1 teams quite well and their numbers are high (since they are moving up next year) so their depth is also an advantage.
The intangible is the tricky one, but I still give the edge to CS. Both teams have the desire, but IMO the Cougars have that feeling of 'so close last year' still in their heads and it has been a long road to travel. Aledo is defending the title and that counts for something, but with the Cougar depth, skill, coaching, and desire, I am thinking the Bearcats will come up short. Good luck to all, safe travels to all, and get ready for 5A D1 play next year.

Edit-spelling fail
eloc62
Hope your'e right, but it's going to be tough. Aledo is defending state champion riding a 31 game winning streak. Having said that, this CSHS team has really been on a roll during their playoff run. The offense has been nearly unstoppable, and the defense has been great. We will be there cheering them on at AT&T Stadium on Saturday watching my son play his last football game for CSHS. Go Cougars!!
gibby03
AG
Aledo will be the first team they have played that has the size and discipline up front to somewhat contain Perez in the playoffs. Their secondary will be able to defend CS' receivers in single coverage, which is what a lot of people haven't been able to do consistently.

The reason CS should be worried is that their D is porous (and that's being nice). The only two teams that are really worth a darn they played in the playoffs were Marshall and Georgetown and they gave up 30+ And then another 40 to PNG. If it wasn't for Perez at QB this team would've been beat already.

Aledo will score that much without blinking and the difference here is the fact that Aledo can pound the ball and will do so consistently against CS. Look, they have a shot, they are there. I just don't see them beating Aledo, much less by 3 TD's. I think that's a little skewed for the "home team". You need to be thinking more the Temple / Consol score. IMO
Oogway
Fair enough! So your thought would be more like 34-31?
gibby03
AG
I'm gonna say 42-28 Aledo. When I say the Temple / Consol score I mean that it's going to have to be that for CS to win. I think Aledo wins on the flip side bigger.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Aledo is soooooooooooo athletic and has the experience under the big lights.

That being said, CS peaked late and is very well coached. If they play a PERFECT game and catch Aledo on a bad day, maybe keep Aledo's offense working from behind the chains.......they have a legit chance to pull off what would be an upset.
AG
I'm not sure that Aledo's secondary will be able to defend CS's receivers in single coverage. Campbell and Wellmann are a lot better than given credit for. We will see
TAMU1990
AG
gibby03 said:

Aledo will be the first team they have played that has the size and discipline up front to somewhat contain Perez in the playoffs. Their secondary will be able to defend CS' receivers in single coverage, which is what a lot of people haven't been able to do consistently.

The reason CS should be worried is that their D is porous (and that's being nice). The only two teams that are really worth a darn they played in the playoffs were Marshall and Georgetown and they gave up 30+ And then another 40 to PNG. If it wasn't for Perez at QB this team would've been beat already.

Aledo will score that much without blinking and the difference here is the fact that Aledo can pound the ball and will do so consistently against CS. Look, they have a shot, they are there. I just don't see them beating Aledo, much less by 3 TD's. I think that's a little skewed for the "home team". You need to be thinking more the Temple / Consol score. IMO
I agree. Containing Marquez is the key for Aledo. If they do that it's going to be tough for the cougars. Doesn't Aledo have a state title 7 out of the past 10 years (or something like that)? They have every intangible in the book. It would be an upset if CSHS pulls it out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.