Bryan moves to 6A, Rudder, CSHS, and Consol remain 5A

5,295 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Mathguy64
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/RR_2018-20_Conference.pdf

Enrollments:

Bryan High (2,344)
Bryan Rudder (1,677)
Bryan Collegiate (466)
Bryan MC Harris (208)
College Station High School (2009)
A&M Consolidated (1719)
College View (86)
jac4
AG
Apparently College View HS enrollment doubled since the last thread on the subject.
SARATOGA
I wonder what the enrollments would be if everyone attended the school closest to their house.
agnerd
AG
Have fun competing against 5300-kid plano schools...
Oddity
Bryan High football has been in decline since the early 2000s, with the exception of a few mediocre years. Sadly, I fear this trend will likely continue with this announcement.
BigBubba
AG
Slight correction. CSHS is 5a football division 1. AMCHS and Rudder are 5a football division 2.

It is my understanding that starting next year the districts for football will be aligned by division. This means, Rudder and AMCHS will NOT be in the same football district as CSHS. Instead of having all 4 high schools in the same district, they will now be in 3 different districts, at least for football.

Source: http://texashsfootball.com/class-5a-football-split-two-divisions-2018-19-realignment/

Edits: found source confirming this.
BigBubba
AG
Since Bryan, AMCHS and CSHS will be in three different football districts, I am curious to see if they plan to play each other in non district games.
Tailgate88
AG
This was posted in the area football game thread:

Quote:

Also, realignment is going to break up a good thing. Bryan going up and UIL screwing up 5A with the division split means the end of the four-team rotation. Don't expect College Station and A&M Consolidated to play again any time soon. Consol will still play Bryan though, at least that is what I've heard.
LOYAL AG
AG
Well it was fun while it lasted.
BigBubba
AG
SARATOGA said:

I wonder what the enrollments would be if everyone attended the school closest to their house.
Not sure about Bryan but in CSISD it would mean that CSHS would be 6A and Consol would drop to 4A.
Stupe
S
Geographical in this town in almost impossible.

However, having kids that live off of Harvey going to CSHS is ridiculous.
ags4rocks
Just moved to CS and the School districts line are very challenging!!
Fonzie Scheme
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Well it was fun while it lasted.

Ain't it the truth? Just about the time everything settles into a nice routine, the UIL comes along to just **** up everything.
Stupe
S
As if it's their goal.
phatpat21
Wait what? We just moved to right off Harvey, on the east side of 6? I thought my kids would go to Consol? Granted, by the time they are that old there will probably be another high school
Wicked Good Ag
7a and 8a. Do it UIL.

BigBubba
AG
phatpat21 said:

Wait what? We just moved to right off Harvey, on the east side of 6? I thought my kids would go to Consol? Granted, by the time they are that old there will probably be another high school
East side of 6 is still AMCHS.
gibby03
AG
Oddity said:

Bryan High football has been in decline since the early 2000s, with the exception of a few mediocre years. Sadly, I fear this trend will likely continue with this announcement.
What are you talking about. Besides this past season, Bryan won or shared 3 district titles in a row, played 3 rounds deep two years in a row, losing to the State Champion and a State Finalist the other year. How is that considered mediocre?

Yes, they didn't make the playoffs this year but playing 7 sophomores on Varsity (including the QB and 5 on defense) they gave College Station their closest game of the year besides the two losses, held Consol to 12 points. They had a down year. Lots of reasons but too long to get into here.

AggieMom_38
The boundary lines are exhausting. And the board keeps reminding us "to get used to rezoning" and "not to plan on attending a particular school." I understand the need to pay attention to capacity and the like, but this constant reshuffling (with moving criteria of what becomes of focus) is exhausting. Several board members have stated that they'd be fine moving kids even after they start HS. Maybe they could move their own kids each year back and forth and see what it's like. Glad mine are almost done.
HRGuy
AG
SIAP..........

When will we find out specific info on opponents?

It is time to put the chairs in the wagon
Mathguy64
AG
TopOfPlot said:

SIAP..........

When will we find out specific info on opponents?

The redistricting comes out in February.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.