Texas A&M New Data Center at RELLIS Campus - Any Updates?

2,536 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by redd38
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The announcement for this was made back in June and all proposals were due on July 28. Has anyone heard any updates? could this have anything to do with maybe Amazon (wishful thinking)?

It's said that this could be among the world's largest data centers.
95_Aggie
AG
It will be coming along right after the huge bio-corridor.
AgProgrammer
AG
Quote:

Says who? I seriously doubt anything close to that for many reasons. Last I read, it was looking for a public-private partnership to build a new datacenter to house university services as well as cloud and colocation services for business working on joint projects with TAMU. They currently have a similar concept with their shared space at Fibertown in Bryan.
bcstx06
AgProgrammer said:

Quote:

Says who? I seriously doubt anything close to that for many reasons. Last I read, it was looking for a public-private partnership to build a new datacenter to house university services as well as cloud and colocation services for business working on joint projects with TAMU. They currently have a similar concept with their shared space at Fibertown in Bryan.

Proposed Texas A&M data center could be among world's largest, university says: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/06/20/proposed-data-center-at-texas-a-m-could-be-among.amp.html
Tailgate88
AG
I'm also skeptical it would be among the world's largest, because there are some awfully big data centers in the world.

That article is behind a paywall, if you are a subscriber can you paste part of the article in?
BANA89
AG
Might be the largest in a niche, like maybe largest data center dedicated to a university or on a college campus, but won't be the largest of all.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
techno-ag
AG
BANA89 said:

Might be the largest in a niche, like maybe largest data center dedicated to a university or on a college campus, but won't be the largest of all.
As long as it's bigger than anything t.u. has, we're good.
halibut sinclair
redd38
AG
bcstx06 said:

AgProgrammer said:

Quote:

Proposed Texas A&M data center could be among world's largest, university says: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/06/20/proposed-data-center-at-texas-a-m-could-be-among.amp.html

"could be among" is a pretty vague statement that can be applied to just about anything. I could be among the hottest guys in the world. I'm probably not, but I could be!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.