Whataburger in South CS on the bypass

5,889 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by duffelpud
unmade bed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't eat a lot of fast food and when I do and am in that area I will usually hit up Chick-fil-a or Mooyahs, but tonight I stopped at Whataburger.

WTF?? Did they hire all the Bush's Chicken employees or something? I arrived at 6:22 pm and pulled out of there at a cool 6:56pm. And yes I realize it is insane to wait 34 minutes for a drive thru hamburger but the way they have that drive through set up you are freaking trapped once you are in line. I would have left after 10 mins otherwise but there is literally no way out.

Is this typical for them or did I just show up for my once a year stop at the wrong day and time? Probably not ever going back, but thought maybe it was just an anomaly so figured I would check with the Aggieland forum critics.

Also just to really poke me in the eye, they screwed up my order and gave me no straw, napkin, or ketchup as a parting gift.
CrazyAgE
I have found that they have been slow on SEVERAL occasions....that location and the one in Bryan by HEB run a tight race!!
AggieAces06
AG
That one has gotten so bad, we skip it and go to the Rock Prairie one. Can get in and out of the drive through and back home before you would even be out of the line at the one on Fitch.
BigBubba
AG
Yeah, it is horrible. I waited forever the other night only to get home with my food and find out they screwed up the order. I won't be going back any time soon. Too many other options to put up with this.
redd38
AG
I've only been to that one once. It was after 3am, so not real busy but there were a few people there and they warned us to go somewhere else as we walked in, should have listened to them. They would bring out 1 order every 5 to 10 minutes, and more often than not it was for people that had already given up and left without their food. I could have gone into the kitchen and taught myself how to make my order faster than they got it out to me. Took like 45 minutes. This was about a year ago and have avoided that one ever since.
boredatwork08
AG
It's terribly managed. Got so bad a few months ago I called corporate to make a complaint. I noticed things got better not long after but eventually slid back to its old ways.
carpe vinum
AG
I rarely go for just this reason.

When I asked the answer was "we don't make it until you order it."
For some food that's fine, but you make freakin hamburgers.
You know you'll sell 20-30 every 15 minutes... why not at least have a few on the damn grill?

Same with stupid Layne's. They only sell one damn thing. There's a line around the building. You finally get to the window and order 1 of the only stupid thing they sell, and they seem surprised.

Definitely missed the memo that fast food should be fast.
eloc62
AggieAces06 said:

That one has gotten so bad, we skip it and go to the Rock Prairie one. Can get in and out of the drive through and back home before you would even be out of the line at the one on Fitch.
Yep. thats what I do too, even though we live closer to the one on Fitch.
oklaunion
Came back in from hunting yesterday about 11:20 am and saw a truck ordering at that Whataburger. Knew that if I made it down there next it would be a 15 minute wait, from past experience. Went to Taco Casa instead and got the Super Burrito. Hard to beat that burrito.
Dennis Reynolds
Has to be the slowest Whataburger in the state.
Oogway
Maybe look closer at the sign on the building.
It might actually say, "Whatburger?" not "Whataburger. "
carodz
AG
I got in line at this Whataburger for breakfast once at around 10:30AM. The line stayed stuck until right at 11:01AM when it magically started moving and everyone who was looking for breakfast got turned away.
rhoswen
AG
I seem to remember that location being horrible even years ago.
SARATOGA
You're not trapped if you own a truck......

I was in a similar situation and made my exodus as necessary.

Just sayin....all these curbs and medians are unnecessary. One should be able to exit a line....this is America

FlyRod
What did the manager say when you complained about the service?
Oogway
That is destructive to the concrete when people do that. You can rationalize it if you want to, but IMO that is still wrong.
stinkerbelle
The Whataburger on Texas Avenue close to Downtown is just as bad and not only are they slow, the staff is not friendly at all. We live closest to this one, but the service is so bad at this location that we drive over to the one by HEB. Although that service is not great it is 110% better than the one downtown.
AgFan1999
AG
Don't feed the SARATROLLGA,
Stupe
S
That place is slow in the drive through but quick if you walk in.
rsa
AG
Stupe said:

That place is slow in the drive through but quick if you walk in.
My family seems to enjoy Dante's 3rd ring of hell sitting in fast-food drive-in lanes, but I've found going in to place my order is typically much faster than sitting in the drive-through lanes.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
as i mentioned in another thread...

fast food as a whole has gotten really really bad as far as service goes. i mean I guess Chick Filet is still doing a pretty solid job but everywhere else has gotten really really slow and oftentimes can not even be called fast food.

just about every McDonalds in town is either bad, or at best barely mediocre. the Taco Bells in town are slow. Wendys slow. Whataburger slow (although I agree RP location better), KFC you're lucky to even have an employee working the drive through. i know Starbucks not considered fast food but even it has gotten excruciatingly slow.
BCSWguru
its going to be slow if you order half the menu from the drive thru line.
95_Aggie
AG
As an aside ... Dear McDonald's at Tower Point ... when you are heavily promoting a new menu item like Crispy Chicken Tenders, please make sure you order an adequate amount so that you don't have to tell your customers that you are out of them. And don't get mad at me that I can't read your crappy hand-written sign in the dark.
BlueMiles
AG
Someone had told me that in College Station, drive-through lines had to have a "bail-out lane" to let you exit. I guess that's either not true, or this What-a-burger doesn't have it?
MemphisAg1
AG
There's a reason they call it Wait-a-burger.

Good fast slow food, but bring a book.
phatpat21
Honestly, that Whataburger location is very disappointing We stopped going there. Long lines/drive thru takes way to long, fries always cold, order wrong on a couple of occasions. I've always gone to the one on Rock Prairie because it's close to my work and they are awesome. Fast, friendly, food is always great and I kid you not my order has NEVER been wrong in the 10+ years I've been going there.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
unmade bed said:

the way they have that drive through set up you are freaking trapped once you are in line. I would have left after 10 mins otherwise but there is literally no way out.

After getting trapped in their drive-thru lane a few weeks ago and waiting 10 minutes to ORDER and another 20 freakin' minutes to get my food, I will NEVER grace that drive-thru again.

Once you make that turn into their drive thru, you are literally at their mercy until they let you leave.

Never again. That Whataburger sucks ass.
threecatcorner
definitely not true

there are several fast food places in College Station where you get stuck in the drive-thru lane and can't get out after a certain point
Kitten With A Whip
The one on Dominik isn't quite as bad with the wait, but you will never get a burger or fries warmer than lukewarm. I gave up on Whataburger a long, long time ago. DQ has it down and has better onion rings to boot!
91_Aggie
AG
BlueMiles said:

Someone had told me that in College Station, drive-through lines had to have a "bail-out lane" to let you exit. I guess that's either not true, or this What-a-burger doesn't have it?

They had that but in order to "game" their drive thru timer statistics, they make people pull into that outer lane and wait.
jja79
AG
Places that pay minimum wage don't provide great customer service experiences?
BlueMiles
AG
Well that sucks
redd38
AG
Bring on the robots
DimeBox17
AG
It's really hard these days to expect great fast-food service. All fast-food places are going to piss you off at some point. With that said, it can be extremely tough to find enough employees who are committed to doing business exactly how you expect it to be. To them it's just a job and they are only there to collect a paycheck. I've worked with and managed these type of people. There's about 1 "good" employee for every 4 not so good employees. I have only been to this particular Whataburger a few times and never had an issue so I can't relate. It sounds like a recurring problem so an email or phone call to a higher up might be beneficial.

FlyRod
Fast food...where you truly get what you pay for.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.