Preferred Home Security Company?

2,299 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mhnatt
txgardengirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are considering upgrading our home security system. We've had AT&T digital life at a previous home and it wasn't as stable as I had hoped. We have a basic ADT system now but would like to upgrade it a bit.

Who are the current LOCAL home security companies that you consider reasonable and reliable?
FlyRod
Been using ASC for years and am happy. BUT I don't know if they are still local. The owner posts on here so maybe he can clear that up.
chloelee
ASC is still local....Very good and David is awesome guy.
cz308
ASC hands down.
aggies_2001
AG
Another vote for David at ASC. Been a customer for years. Very pleased with the service.
rsa
AG
ASC with David Elizondo :-)
mhnatt
We became tired of the larger companies inflated prices and poor service (we had ADT but never tried ASC).

After reading up a bit on DIY systems, we settled with SimpliSafe. Very easy to install, redundant backup (Internet, cellular, battery) and enjoy the la carte concept (add-ons are easy). After a year of use and a few interactions with their call center, we don't look back.

We also combine this with the DIY security cameras like Arlo, Canary, etc. to give us a more complete watch over.
RockofAges
We have been ASC customer for years and love them. They are family owned and local. Their son Nick is awesome and always takes care of us when needed. David is always giving back to the community when someone is in need, which you will not see the national companies doing this in the BCS community. They are spot on when it comes to taking care of our needs. I would give them a call, their number is 979-690-8516.
NellCote71
Thanks for the recommends. I have AT&T DigitLife and I hate it.
TheAlarmGuy
Thank You all for the kind words and referrals to Advanced Security Concepts. I feel truly blessed to have such great customers in our ASC family!

David,
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
TexasAggie_02
AG
Smith and Wesson
Post removed:
by user
TheAlarmGuy
Slocum on a mobile said:

Quote:

Smith and Wesson
I hear good things about Glock as well.

lol, we have Sharks with Lasers as well.
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
www.com
When I was researching I came across this. Simplisafe is low cost but they can be hacked easy. You always get what you pay for.

http://www.securityweek.com/burglars-can-easily-disable-simplisafe-alarms-researcher
mhnatt
Regarding the SimpliSafe hack. As one person said "If I owned anything expensive enough to require a burglar with (that guy's) education to hack my alarm system, I could afford a better security system."

The point is, "security" in a loose sense is more about having multiple angles (home alarm, video cameras, locks, dogs, firearm, good habits, etc.).

A burglar is going to need to

a) find and evaluate any physical assets of value in a home
b) learn what kind of home alarm that is protecting them
c) be smart enough to do what this guy in the video is doing and the risk/time to dedicate towards "planting" the sniffer device super close to the target home keypad.
d) be dumb enough to think that anything of value over the first level wouldn't have any other levels of "security"
e) risk his life or at least time in the pen for what little would be being protected by a "home security" system

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.