Donating stuffed animals

1,280 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jrhmc
mlea09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hi, does anyone have recommendations for donating stuffed animals locally? I have a box full of very gently used animals - many still have original tags on them and they are all in great shape.

Thanks!
momlaw
AG
Sometimes law enforcement agencies accept them for officers to use as needed to comfort, distract a child. I seem to recall BPD accepting some from a civic group.
momlaw
threecatcorner
I think you can also donate them to Twin City Mission or Goodwill. Twin City Mission has a few shops, and they have an office where you can donate items for the mission or for Phoebe's Home which is part of it. Phoebe's Home itself has a nondisclosed address because it is a home for battered women and children so they can't publish the address for safety's sake.
mlea09
The police department and Phoebe's Home sound perfect - thank you so much! I'll call and see if they are accepting animals and divide them up.
carpe vinum
AG
I always take my stuff like that to Project Unity on 29th.
https://i.imgur.com/uReoXE6.gif
techno-ag
AG
Hospice Mart.
Tanya 93
carpe vinum said:

I always take my stuff like that to Project Unity on 29th.

That is a great Program.
I did work with them when I was getting my teaching certification and I continued for years after that because I really believed in the impact it was having on the kids.
cubbies25
AG
Last week we took 2 bags full of stuffed animals to the Fire House on Fitch by Pebble Creek. (Saved up from 2 kids who are now in college) They were happy to get them and were going to distribute them to other stations in the area to give to kids involved in accidents for comfort. All of the above are great ideas as well.
jrhmc
AG
You can also donate them to the Alzheimer's units at nursing homes. They are a real comfort to the patients.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.