Suddenlink prices going up (again)

4,894 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CN
CN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So my cable/internet rate went up an extra $17 this month. It was increased $5 earlier this year too for a total of $22 more than this time last year.

However, they were not willing to negotiate the price so I ended up dropping cable completely. In the past they would magically find a cheaper bundle if you threatened to drop service but that may not be the case anymore.

edit: they claimed that in the October bill, they mentioned rate increases will happen in the November bill. Nothing was mentioned in my October bill but it was mentioned in a friend's bill.
RG20
You still use suddenlink?
LOYAL AG
AG
The cable industry is changing rapidly. It's a bit ironic to see people cancel suddenlink cable to stream sling/dtvnow/vue etc on suddenlink Internet but that's whats happening. If suddenlink wants to keep that Business they're going to have to change their packages and pricing model. Really no reason they can't compete with Vue, etc since they own the infrastructure but it's going to take more than a bundle discount.
gettingitdone
My husband went in last week because we were having trouble with one of our cable boxes. He inquired about a new package as the one we had was too expensive. Magically we got a new deal for about $40 dollars less without cutting out any options and picked up showtime for two years
91_Aggie
AG
I got a call from suddenlink last night. Said "I noticed you don't have our unlimited internet package. This last month you exceeded your limit but since it was your first time we did not charge you. For only $10 more per month, I can get you on our unlimited internet. And take $10 off first month. "

I told him that suddenlink just raised my rate by $10/month and I got nothing extra for that

He said "No, we didn't raise rates. That must have been because you exceeded your limit."

I laughed at him and reminded him what he said when he started the call.

Dennis Reynolds
RG20 said:

What else do you recommend?
CN

Quote:

e inquired about a new package as the one we had was too expensive. Magically we got a new deal for about $40 dollars less without cutting out any options and picked up showtime for two years

That's what I did this time last year and lowered my bill by over $50. Yesterday I was hoping to just lower it to what it was before the rate increase but they didn't budge and the threat of dropping cable for Hulu didn't phase them so I went ahead and dropped it.

I know a few other cord cutters and I think what's going to ultimately happen is our internet rates are going to go up to supplant the lost income from cord cutters.
FlyRod
I feel like threads like this are almost a support group. Been toying with cutting the cord...and when more of y'all do it I'm sure I will!
techno-ag
AG
Dennis Reynolds said:

RG20 said:

What else do you recommend?
They're good for internet. Do streaming ala carte or go with satellite for telly.
CN
I was a little concerned that my internet only bill was going to be outrageous and called to confirm the price. I ended up getting someone who was more willing to find me a better deal on bringing back cable and got the new rate down to just a couple bucks over my old rate.

I'm sure I'll have to do this all over again this time next year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.