Popeye's Chicken in Bryan

9,657 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by woodometer
AgResearch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scruffy said:

I'm convinced some of these "restaurants" are just fronts for laundering drug money.

Agree
jvanbeek
AG
Kitten With A Whip said:

I guess they keep giving me your chicken, because I order regular and they insist on giving me spicy every dang time! We should go together from now on, order what we want, switch and go home.
It must be your fault. I always want spicy and they are out!
The Anchor
AG
Odd thread bump
Eliminatus
AG
Mid 2019 progress:

Still terrible in all aspects.
95_Aggie
AG
Potentially good food with terrible service
KidDoc
AG
It really is frustrating how bad the local Popeye's are run. Has anyone found good spicy fried chicken anywhere else? The only ok substitute is Chick-fil-a spicy chicken strips or sammich.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
UmustBKidding
I had spicy tenders from chickenE the other day and they were pretty good. Don't know if they do spicy regular chicken.
Not sure if it's any better but from South cs it's likely faster to go to navasota Popeyes than traversing 2818 to get to the Popeye at Villa Maria. The boonville one is far worse and not worth attempting. You are likely better off when they are out of chicken at 2818, I stand there and watch them for the 12 minutes to fry and package my order. Spicy on the right regular on left make sure they put in what you wanted
My wife worked in fast food in highschool and suggests always making your order special. Doing something like ordering all dark seems to require your order to be cooked fresh at Popeye. She always orders heavy mayo or some other twist at Burger King so it's not fresh from the heat lamp or steamer

datageek
95_Aggie said:

Potentially good food with terrible service
I wish I could eat the biscuits every day, but the foot traffic for 'fried chicken' for June 2019 in BCS says I'm in the minority.

Chart of June Fried Chicken in BCS: https://cl.ly/288b8b45ac59
Rex Racer
AG
UmustBKidding said:

My wife worked in fast food in highschool and suggests always making your order special. Doing something like ordering all dark seems to require your order to be cooked fresh at Popeye. She always orders heavy mayo or some other twist at Burger King so it's not fresh from the heat lamp or steamer

My wife ALWAYS does this. But her customization invariably ends up not being correct, and she ends up pissed off.
UmustBKidding
My wife tells me I always sound pissed off so if in error she sends me to resolve. My practice is to order something I'm going to want on the side an when the put it on I'm ok as long as they did not get it from the I cooked 12 hour ago pile.
You may not be a Whataburger fan but at least you know the burger is recent, the Fry's, maybe not as much.
woodometer
AG
Nothing to add about Popeye's, its just bad, but McDonalds. The location on 6 and Briarcrest next to the Stripes is terrible. It is not corporately owned as the others are. When I go to McDonalds for breakfast I will go out of my way to go right past that location to get to the one on Villa Maria at the Tejas Center. On average that location gets my order right and the food is hot.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.