Popeye's Chicken in Bryan

9,658 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by woodometer
Coach Dub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone ever had good service and/or food at this location? I really like their food at other locations in the state but every time I give the lone BCS location a try, it's a 20-30 minute wait for terrible food.
cslifer
There are two in Bryan.
BCStalk
Both locations are terrible. The one on Hwy6 is always filled with foul mouthed employees and the one on 2818 is SLOW. I'd rather take my business to a place without profanity and less wait. I typically recommend staying away from fast food attached to gas stations. Also before condemning me, I'll exclude Mooyah and Garpez even though I wouldn't consider them fast food.
FlyRod
When I lived in DC, people used to joke about "Popeye's Chicken Syndrome"...which is when there are far more staff then customers, and nothing is happening.
Oogway
Before we moved here, we used to eat at a Popeye's in our old town. It was very good: hot, crispy chicken, and the service was fine. After living here awhile, we decided to go to the one on Graham road (this was over a decade ago). That was our first and last Popeye's experience in the Brazos Valley.
91_Aggie
AG
Oogway said:

Before we moved here, we used to eat at a Popeye's in our old town. It was very good: hot, crispy chicken, and the service was fine. After living here awhile, we decided to go to the one on Graham road (this was over a decade ago). That was our first and last Popeye's experience in the Brazos Valley.

Same thing. Went to that one on Graham once. Never went back. There is probably a reason it ain't a Popeyes anymore.
unmade bed
91_Aggie said:

Oogway said:

Same thing. Went to that one on Graham once. Never went back. There is probably a reason it ain't a Popeyes anymore.

Yeah I was gonna post that maybe the staff from the Graham road location moved over there.

I unluckily went to that location one time. No one else was there. I ordered my food from the drive thru. I pulled up to the window to pay and waited at least 15 minutes before i saw an employee. He opened the window and said "sorry about the wait, what did you order again?" I gave him my order again, and waited another 10 minutes. He came back and said they were out of corn so did I want a different side. I told him to forget it and left. Never went back, and everytime i drove by after that I noticed no customers.

After that i was convinced it wasn't an actual chicken business and was probably operating as a front for some kind of illegal activity.
mgreen
I could write a book on Popeyes in BCS. My most recent incident was at the Hwy 6 location. Once again they were out of spicy chicken and there was only one customer there. The cashier asked the cook, "How long for spicy chicken"? He said 8 minutes. Ten minutes later I remind her I am still waiting. She ask the cook if the spicy chicken is ready. He says, "I thought you just wanted to know how long it took. You did not tell me to cook any."

At the old Graham road location they were out of chicken one night. They gave me directions of the 2818 location and said they had plenty of chicken there. True story. A chicken restaurant that had no chicken.
ro828
It can't compete with Chicken Express, but I've had good experiences at the one on 2818 and Villa Maria. If I can, though, I avoid going on a Tuesday because they get such a flood of customers and then you wait forever. They have plenty of people working there, and they're all working as hard as they can but they aren't working together. They should hire an efficiency expert to get the gears to mesh in the right way.
studioone
i thought they closed the one in cs cause they were selling meth or something out of the back...
Oogway
Haha! My spouse is one of the least suspicious people I know and said the same thing. "It's almost like they don't WANT to sell you chicken..."
Red Krow
I had gone to the one on 2818 about once a year for the past 8 years. Every time I'd go I say I'll never go back, but after about a year I'd try it again. The last time broke the cycle. It was over a year ago so don't 100% remember the details. I think I was there for about 45 minutes. There were a few other customers during that time. One or two people got their food rather fast comparatively and a couple other people just left without food. It was a disaster. I only waited just to see how long it would actually take them to get me my food. After about 20 minutes I was committed to the long haul. I do always like the food though so I guess that's what kept me hoping it would be better each time.
Sinuso
AG
How long does it take to fix a drive-thru? Last time I went to the Bryan one on 6, you had to drive around to the window and hope someone inside noticed that you were sitting there. I'm addicted to the mashed potatoes and gravy!
DimeBox17
AG
I've had decent service at both locations within the last couple of months. I usually have my fried chicken craving a couple of times every month and Popeyes is my go-to. The only problem I've had is them giving me regular instead of spicy.
techno-ag
AG
Oogway said:

Before we moved here, we used to eat at a Popeye's in our old town. It was very good: hot, crispy chicken, and the service was fine.
Agreed. The ones we've eaten at out of town have been really good.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
fast food service in general has gotten amazingly bad.

i mean sure, it wasn't great before but its just gotten soooo sooo bad across the board pretty much.
Rex Racer
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

i mean sure, it wasn't great before but its just gotten soooo sooo bad across the board pretty much.
Yeah, my wife and I ordered two Baconators from Wendy's last week, and when we got home, they had NO bacon on them. So we went again a few nights later, complained, and asked for them to be sure to give us bacon. They gave us 6 pieces of bacon in a separate container, which I assumed (my fault, I know) was EXTRA bacon to make up for it. Instead, it was all the bacon we got. The burgers once again had no bacon on them, and they expected us putting 3 pieces each on our burgers ourselves made them Baconators.

Needless to say, we don't order the Baconator anymore. It's false advertising at this point.
getme
They are terrible, ask for spicy chicken, they look at you like you ran over their dog.
CSTXAG01
https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2017/1/4/14166686/popeyes-is-perfect-and-you-are-the-problem
Aggie
AG

This

I very rarely goto McDonald's.. Maybe 3-4 times a year.
Went to one off HWY 6 and briarcrest next to stripes Exxon... Was about 6:45am on Sunday.
Girl came on speaker at drive thru to take my order then 2 employees while on mic got into an argument. After a few seconds they realized they were on drive thru mic. Lady then " will that complete your order".
Yes drive around
I ordered egg mcmuffin and frappe with no whip cream and no drizzle.
I get to window and the girl hands me of course a frappe With whip cream and chocolate drizzle.. I told her should of been no whip cream.
She yells back at employed in back " HEY" then proceeds to cuss Under her lip and simply grabs a spoon , takes lid off and scrapes whip cream off into a trash can puts on same lid and hands it back to me.

Well alright
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Aggie said:

This

Went to one off HWY 6 and briarcrest next to stripes Exxon... Was about 6:45am on Sunday.
Girl came on speaker at drive thru to take my order then 2 employees while on mic got into an argument. After a few seconds they realized they were on drive thru mic. Lady then " will that complete your order".
Yes drive around
I get to window and the girl hands me of course a frappe With whip cream and chocolate drizzle.. I told her should of been no whip cream.
She yells back at employed in back " HEY" then proceeds to cuss Under her lip and simply grabs a spoon , takes lid off and scrapes whip cream off into a trash can puts on same lid and hands it back to me.

Well alright

Not gona lie I do have a weakness for those frappes so I keep going back 3-4 times a week . But I kid you not I've experienced some variation of your story at least once every 2-3 trips there.
Goose83
AG
Aggie said:

This

Yes drive around

Well alright

Scruffy
AG
CSTXAG01 said:

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2017/1/4/14166686/popeyes-is-perfect-and-you-are-the-problem
mgreen
I took my father in law once to the old Popeyes on Graham Rd. They messed up every order they made and people kept returning food to be redone while we waited in line. When my father in law got to the front they asked for his order, he said, "You have not gotten any orders right yet so just go ahead and give me what you want." Everyone busted out laughing.
cledus6150
AG
I guess I'm the only one who had a positive experience at the Popeyes on graham. I use to go in there every Tuesday, simply ordered two spicy Tuesday specials and always got my food fast. Of course this was all from about 2006-2011
Kitten With A Whip
OutdoorsAg_10 said:

I've had decent service at both locations within the last couple of months. I usually have my fried chicken craving a couple of times every month and Popeyes is my go-to. The only problem I've had is them giving me regular instead of spicy.
I guess they keep giving me your chicken, because I order regular and they insist on giving me spicy every dang time! We should go together from now on, order what we want, switch and go home.
DontBeTriggered
So I went out of my way to try the Boonville location since I thought the Harvey Mitchell one was abhorrent. I had no idea that it could be worse. Sad. I'm going to try going to the Conroe location when I head to Houston next time instead. The BCS locations are slow, dirty and repulsive. Not in America. Not Texas. This should never happen.
OnlyANobody

Aggie said:

This

Yes drive around

Well alright

Not gona lie I do have a weakness for those frappes so I keep going back 3-4 times a week . But I kid you not I've experienced some variation of your story at least once every 2-3 trips there.
Although this thread is about Popeye's, I have to jump into the McDonald's fray. I frequent the one on 6 at Briarcrest as part of my morning school run. I have caramel frappe and sausage McMuffin addicts. The frappe machines at both this one and the one down Villa Maria were down for WEEKS, at the same time.

And why oh why can they not bring back that skinny, rough looking chick who ran the first window? She could run that dual lane like I've never seen done since. It is a task beyond their comprehension to switch from Speaker A to Speaker B and back again. You'll see three cars go through A, then after saying "Hello?" They may move over to B. Or they may take yet another A. Maybe that whole A,B,A,B thing is just too difficult....
Beau Bevers
AG
Never a problem with Popeye's in Navasota.
FlyRod
I've never had a problem with Popeye's because I avoid them.
Rex Racer
AG
My wife wanted Popeye's last night. I tried to convince her otherwise, but she wouldn't give in. We wanted regular chicken, but they said it would take 15 minutes to cook more, so we said to just give us all the mild they had and the rest spicy. I swear it still took 15 minutes to get our food, and there was nobody else there. When we got home, the chicken was so overdone as to be like chewing leather. I think I can convince her from now on to avoid it.
Scruffy
AG
I'm convinced some of these "restaurants" are just fronts for laundering drug money.

On the McDonald's front, I've always had great service at the Bush/Wellborn one.
They run a tight ship and the managers stay on top of making sure everything is right; from the food to the employees.
The Brazos Kid
Years ago when I lived down the road from the 2818/Villa Maria location, I pulled up at opening time (11AM IIRC). Two of the workers also pulled up. As I was about to enter they said "we aren't open yet. We still gotta cook the chicken". I said that they should be ready for business at the posted opening time and they said they don't do that...
Kitten With A Whip
Lets make some contact with the Popeye's General Manager about these issues. I can't eat fried chicken all that often, but it is my favorite comfort food and Popeye's is my favorite. I'd like for these two places to succeed so my fav fried chicken is around when I want it. I realize most of the folks working that place have minimum wage jobs, but they can do a MUCH better job at that pay rate than we are getting. I'm going to give it a try and see what happens.
DontBeTriggered

I can't wait for the robots to replace these fast food workers... it's bad.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.