Headlight Restoration

2,195 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by UmustBKidding
AggieKelly18
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for where to get headlight restoration done in B/CS?

Thanks!
PS3D
Acme Glass
Carny89
What kinda car? I sand them and then clear them. Last longer
AggieKelly18
AG
I've got a CR-V and a Tundra I'd like to do. I've tried two different diy kits, but they just don't clear them up enough.
cajunken
Wipe them down firmly with some cheap baking soda toothpaste and a damp cloth, then remove with a clean cloth. Did this with our Sequoia and the difference was amazing.
Sam's Club. Even has a guarantee.
Carny89
I probably do about 3 or 4 sets a week. We sand them down to rid a lot of the imperfections. Then we clear them with a high grade automotive clear. Seems to be the best so far. They don't re yellow as quickly
Carny89
Also, sometimes the cloudiness is inside the headlight too. Can't fix that.
phatpat21
We got ours done at Wolf Creek Car Wash. They come with a lifetime of cleaning. Next time they fog up, all I gotta do is take it to them and they clean me for free, again. And again. And again. And again. Forever. $50-$60 I believe. Well worth it to me
CWIsom
Mobile Auto Color
979-220-0387
He will come to you!
dubi
AG
1.618 said:

Sam's Club. Even has a guarantee.

$30 with a 5 year warranty
InMyOpinion
I bought Meguiars restoration kit for about $20 at Walmart. Spent about 10 minutes per headlight and they look brand new.
Picadillo
Rain-X has a nice kit that is often on sale at O'Reilly's and Autozone. Does not require a drill and you can get 2-3 uses out of each box. Anyone can do it.
FlyRod
My Honda needs this...thanks for all the info.
UmustBKidding
They replacements for my car were $25 from rock auto including new headlamp bulb. That was the upgraded certified one non certified were $20

Just not worth the effort to try to.polish
dubi
AG
UmustBKidding said:

They replacements for my car were $25 from rock auto including new headlamp bulb. That was the upgraded certified one non certified were $20

Just not worth the effort to try to.polish

Some vehicles don't have aftermarket headlamp replacements.
UmustBKidding
While I drive the definition of aftermarket is available for everything crown Victoria aftermarket units available for many and even oem are available from third parties for resonable cost at times. The op does not mention his vehicle so I don't know if they are for his application.
Even pos Chinese aftermarket parts are going to transmit more photons down the road than refinished oem ones so if they are resonable cost they are worth considering.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.