Banks that cash-out change without charging

1,685 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Kitten With A Whip
EagleLM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have several large bags of coins collected over a couple years. Are there any banks that will allow members to cash-out or deposit coins without charging? I understand Prosperity will charge members 5% if you go over $100. Can be done if you take the change in one smaller bag at a time but I'd like to do it all at once and not have to worry about paying if we accidentally go over.
CollegeStationMaid
I use the bank and trust and have never been charged. I have taken in large amounts.
michellecan
Aggieland Credit Union doesn't charge
DimeBox17
AG
Aggieland Credit Union
Jetty
AG
Pretty sure compass bank will do it for free. I took a coffee can full a while back and they dumped it in a heavy duty clear bag, sealed it and shipped it off. About a week later it was deposited into my acct.
Stucco
Prosperity has the limit but most of the branches don't charge it.
Kitten With A Whip
EagleLM said:

We have several large bags of coins collected over a couple years. Are there any banks that will allow members to cash-out or deposit coins without charging? I understand Prosperity will charge members 5% if you go over $100. Can be done if you take the change in one smaller bag at a time but I'd like to do it all at once and not have to worry about paying if we accidentally go over.
I took in several bags of change a year or so ago. The total was well over a hundred and Prosperity did not charge me anything, though I do bank there. Not sure if that matters or not. This was the Southwest PKWY location.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.