Haircuts for men and boys

4,694 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Whachutalnbout Willys
chucktheaggiejeweler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
We had a place we liked, but their prices have gone up. Who does a nice job cutting hair for men and boys and doesn't want $20+?

I don't need a hot towel, shave, etc, just haircuts without dropping $80 plus tip on four heads every time.
God's Peace,
Chuck

Fifth C Jewelry
mwm
The Barber Shop behind Brown's Shoe on Texas Ave.
MarineBQ04
AG
Eastgate Hairshop - Janice or Teresa - both are outstanding. I've been going there 16+ years.
BrazosWifi
I like Sonnys
FILO505
AG
Maroon and white. Ask for Trish (Wednesday - Saturday) or Ashley
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Anywhere in town that does well with beards?

I'm thinking of a barber that looks like this:

FILO505
AG
Same shop. Ask for Zeus
kyledr04
AG
Great clips works for me. You can get a men's cut for 14 and kids for 10 or 11.. Gift card will get you any cut for 9. Check in online.
Moy
Thanks for the thread as I was needing to ask the same question..... I don't have much hair and it costs me almost $20 and only takes a few minutes. It makes no sense that my sons, with their Bonjovi hair, pay the same price. I've tried to argue the point with the local shops, but I'm just the old (cool) dude shouting at the moon. If I could just talk my old Lady into cutting my hair again as she did during my service days.....
bigdog1
Have been going to Sonny's for years. Price has gone up to 18.00 for haircut. Getting a little more expensive that a lot of others.
Ag Eng 92
AG
Just walked in to Southgate Barber this afternoon. Old school shop... Gene knocked it out for $15- plus tip. Three barbers there at the time...
tgivaughn
AG
After so many favs retired I've been all over town and don't expect a finder's fee added on nor less cost for less hair. It's all $15-17, so tip = $20 just like you are paying. That said, next to Jamba Juice is a sport cutter that offers coupons and frequent cuts discounts, even trims between cuts for free ... if cheaper is really your goal.

Now, the extreme savings come with an electric dog clipper - something my college swim buddy would use on bread & head ... now these come with a #8 blade shield = much longer option than buzz cuts of old. FYI don't do yourself ... yourself, others WILL photo the awful results.
TRIPLE 7
AG
Sonny's
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
After searching for 6mths to find the guy who ended up cutting my hair for 2yrs (and recently left BCS), have been to Neff @ Whitney's Hair Salon next to Fuzzy's Taco on Southwest Pkwy, 3x now. He does a solid cut and I am super picky. $13 + tip = $15-$18. Cash is preferred but can also pay with a card. No appt needed and I've never had to wait more than 10min.
techno-ag
AG
We get the Coupon Book from contacts at the big school. They have a Great Clips coupon. So far, GC has allowed multi kids get a cut on one coupon. Dunno if that's policy or we've been lucky. Anyway, in your case it would cut your bill by about half, I think.
halibut sinclair
halibut sinclair
City Barber Shop in downtown Bryan. Also, the new Hudson Barber Emporium downtown is nice.
RG20
Going to Sonny's, who should I ask for?
TRIPLE 7
AG
Sonny
AggiePhil
AG
Anyone go to Mike's Barber Shop on University? Looks like they do a good job and take their work seriously but it seems like all the photos on Instagram are of very...shall we say "sculpted" fades with overly exaggerated lines and whatnot. Wonder if they do normal men's haircuts too.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
AggiePhil said:

Anyone go to Mike's Barber Shop on University? Looks like they do a good job and take their work seriously but it seems like all the photos on Instagram are of very...shall we say "sculpted" fades with overly exaggerated lines and whatnot. Wonder if they do normal men's haircuts too.
Had my last 2 haircuts at Mikes. They do regular cuts as well as the sculpted fades.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.