Good Bull BBQ

4,806 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by FlyRod
DimeBox17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Opinions? Might try it for dinner tonight.
Prune Tracy
I love it. On top of the traditional stuff, they have some different offerings than a standard bbq joint. Pulled pork nachos, wraps, etc. The brisket I've had is on the lean side and not greasy and wet, which I personally prefer. Also, if sauce is your thing, their's is probably the best I've ever had.
cslifer
Tried it the other day, picked up several plates for the office. Everyone agreed the brisket was the worst they had ever had, very little flavor and consistency of OSB.
FlyRod
We at work love it. Brisket, sausage and chicken all good. Pretty regular in our rotation.
deh40
AG
I thought the brisket was good but the bun was a hard as the table.
TheAlarmGuy
My Team and i love it
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
DimeBox17
AG
Ended up trying it. Underwhelmed to say the least. Had the brisket sandwich. Brisket wasn't bad but the bun was cold and the sweet bun just doesn't go well with brisket IMO. On to the "cowboy" beans. Tasted like ranch style beans out of the can with some kind of ground sausage or beef added. Just didn't do it for me.
For those of you who have better things to say about the food, what do yall get?
FlyRod
I wonder if its better at lunch...which is the only time I've been there. Brisket I've had (three times) was near perfect...super smoky, moist, falling apart. Chicken, the same...though several friends said it was dry when they had it (its chicken breast, so yeah).

Our crew either loves or hates the beans. I like the slaw because I hate the creamy kind and this aint it. I like the broccoli salad, but friends find it "weird." Not a potato salad or mac 'n cheese guy, so cannot comment on those.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I didn't have any sandwiches, just brisket and pulled pork. Both were pretty good. Pork came sauced, next time I'll ask for that on the side.

Meat, sliced bread, onions, and pickles. I don't need anything fancier than that.

The potato salad was good, very creamy. Almost unnaturally creamy.

My wife had brisket and a pulled pork taco and enjoyed both.

Long story short: one of the better places in town.
phatpat21
Last time I went, I had the pulled pork taco and brisket taco and they were both awesome.
Wicked Good Ag
My wife likes the brisket taco that she got and likes the beans. I got the brisket and it was drier than I expected. It is the first time I looked at brisket in a while and immediately put sauce on it rather than taking in the first bite without
I think we will go back to try some pulled pork and other things on the menu as we like to give each place we visit two chances with different items. That said a drive to Truth is in order soon again
Tariny
First time we went for lunch, absolutely LOVED the brisket. When we went last week, the brisket was meh. I told my husband that I was so glad it wasn't our first trip, because if it was, I'd probably never go back.

When they get it right, wow do they get it right. But if it's an off day, it's pretty okay with their yummy bbq sauce.
emtes
AG
I would say GB BBQ is average, at best. I tried each of the tacos and was not impressed. The pulled pork and brisket were bad, the mac and cheese is bad, the meat was room temp. I will stick to Fargo's.
AggiePhil
AG
I have yet to try Fargo's. Called then the other night before dinner time (around 5:30) and asked when they closed. Then the guy on the phone goes, "Not much food left though." Uh, no thanks I'll pass.
AgGunNut
AG
That's how they are. Like most of the "famous" BBQ places, they're open till they're sold out.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Once again, BBQ is up there with politics and religion. You'll find a wide variety of opinions.
driver9050
Went there a a few weeks after the brick and mortar opened and it was the worst brisket I've ever had. Brisket was dry and taste like a beef roast. I'd eat a McRib from McDonald's before going back.
DimeBox17
AG
driver9050 said:

I'd eat a McRib from McDonald's before going back.

That bad huh?
ComfortAg
AG
But, but, but, they were voted #1 in the Brazos Valley for bbq, says so right there on their website.
TXAggie1976
AG
We have been there about 5 times in the evening. I love it! I get the pulled pork taco and the brisket taco. The sausage and sauce are fantastic as well!
Cancelled
AG
The only two places that are any good in town: Rudy's and Fargos. Everything else is substandard catered fare.
driver9050
Could be that I went on a really bad day. If it was my business I never would have served that brisket. Seems everyone who likes Good Bull gets taco.

Typically I eat BBQ at lunch and prefer Kreuz over the others. That being said, I've been to Kreuz for dinner and it was not nearly as good. The meat was dry after sitting in the warmer all day.
FlyRod
Only been to Good Bull at lunch and it's akways been on point. If Kreuz were closer to work I'd probably go there.

Curious what folks think about DBQ and Norm's Smokewagon...they don't seem to get much PR on this board.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.