Household Hazordous Waste collection - Sat. Oct. 21 7am-2pm

1,373 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MeKnowNot
Mr.Short-termMemory
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://twinoakslandfill.com/

The Household Hazardous Waste & Computer Collection Event will take place Saturday, October 21 from 7 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the University Services Building.

The event can be accessed by going east from Hwy 6 on Harvey Road, then taking the first left after the Veterans Park entrance. No entry will be allowed from University Drive.

The Household Hazardous Waste & Computer Collection Event is a FREE event brought to by BVSMA (Twin Oaks Landfill). This event is open to the residents of Brazos, Burleson, Madison, Washington, Grimes, Robertson, Leon Counties. Please note, this is residentially generated waste only; no commercial waste will be accepted. In addition to recycling waste, you are encouraged to bring a new or gently used book to donate Books and a Blanket, a nonprofit organization started by two sisters to help encourage literacy among youth.
What you can bring:
  • household paints
  • thinners
  • batteries
  • computers & electronics
  • old medications
  • home & lawn pesticides
  • herbicides
  • fertilizers
  • motor oil
  • gasoline
  • antifreeze
Items that will NOT be accepted include:
  • Tires
  • Freon Containing Units
  • Ammunition
  • Radioactive Waste
  • 55 Gallon Quantities

Ornlu
AG
Thank You! I've been holding onto about 4 gallons of antifreeze, hoping this would come along soon.
snaglepuss
I always use this but it seems I always hear about it the day before the event and I am not prepared. I wish I could see a thread on this about a week before it happens.
techno-ag
FlyRod
FlyRod
Who keeps radioactive waste lying around in BCS?
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
FlyRod said:

Who keeps radioactive waste lying around in BCS?

https://goo.gl/images/CnFqtg

This was a lot funnier in my head.
rc_cat
Was out there bright and early to drop off some stuff - thanks to all involved for such an easy process!
KidDoc
AG
This is my second hazardous waste collection I've been to last was in Bastrop county and this one was very well run. Very well organized, fast, efficient, nice people.

Great job!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
Put it on your calendar - the next one is April 28, 2018 - 7am - 2pm
MeKnowNot
KidDoc said:

This is my second hazardous waste collection I've been to last was in Bastrop county and this one was very well run. Very well organized, fast, efficient, nice people.

Great job!
The event was packed when I went, but it still only took a few minutes to get through.

It was actually pretty interesting watching that many people working so quickly and efficiently in between and around all the vehicles. If it was that busy all day, that's a lot of cars!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.