T-Mobile quality October 2017

1,788 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CN
BigBubba
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How good is T-Mobile in the Brazos Valley currently? Strong signals? Good speeds? Nationally T-Mobile gets good reviews but I realize quality of service can vary from city to city. I am also looking for current reviews, not people that were with them 3 years ago.
AgProgrammer
AG
I don't know about T-Mobile but I can attest that Verizon has gone to absolute **** in CS over the past 6 months. My phone is 100% useless in the area around Texas Avenue between 2818 and George Bush.
redd38
AG
I don't have any complaints in town. It can be pretty bad between towns though (not all the time, but in certain areas, like East Texas)
MisterShipWreck
I previously had T Mobile. It did not work well at all in Caldwell. There are parts of town where it never worked. I got sick of it and switched to ATT a few years ago because of this. I know others with the same issue in that area
nthomas99
AG
I've been on T-Mobile for 4-5 years now here in town and am reluctant to leave now due to being grandfathered in on a super cheap plan.

The cell coverage is decent, but I've found it's been getting slowly better over the last year. The number of deadspots is steadily decreasing. I moved out to peach crossing in February and used to lose signal for a good bit of the drive out there. They've upgraded the cell tower south of town and it's pretty solid now. There's still a dead spot or two on the way to houston, but again steadily getting better.
gettingitdone
We have used them for 10+ years and have no complaints
iisanaggie
AG
We have them and have no issues. If you have a newer phone with the newer type of antenna, you will have few dead spots. Every once in awhile, I will have trouble in certain buildings, but nothing major. It has greatly improved in the 4 years that we have had it. I can now drive to Houston without losing service. Plus, watch their offers and websites closely. They will do deals to add high speed data or lines or other perks for no charge.
stinkerbelle
Had T-mobile for about 4 years, never had an issue, about 6 weeks or so ago, my SO decided to go check out Sprint, because as an Uber driver, would get some kind of deal. The deal was cheaper than T-Mobile, but so are the phones that came with the deal and the service.....I want my T-mobile back!
CN
I've had it for the last several months and it's been fine. I had been on AT&T forever but got tired of paying $180/month for just two lines and mainly stayed on because I had grandfathered unlimited internet. I'm currently paying $100/month total for unlimited internet on T-Mobile. I also get 10GB/month personal hotspot per line which I would've had to pay extra for on AT&T.

Coverage isn't so great between cities mainly north of here. I get no signal when inside a friend's house in Castlegate II (my friends are on AT&T and they're fine). I also get no signal inside a friend's place in Wellborn (no signal on AT&T either but Verizon is OK). Outside of both places is OK.

T-Mobile's new band is supposed to help next year but supposedly new (and old) iPhones don't support it.
Justin2010
AG
I get great signal all over town. Major roads across the state are fine, but rural areas that I go to in East Texas can be an issue.

That said, they are expanding their Network really quickly. I bought in when they first launched LTE in major cities, and it's been kinda cool to drive places I didn't have service and all of a side have 3,4, or 5 bars.
redd38
AG
Anyone else having trouble with t-mobile right now? I can't seem to connect to the internet unless I'm on wifi.
CN
We had that issue around 7pm over by Harvey and Texas but it seems ok now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.