Garrett Engineering

2,466 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SCHTICK00
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From what I understand, the owner of Garrett Engineering retired sometime in the last few years. Does anyone know if his business was purchased by another engineering firm? I am asking because Garrett did the survey for my house when I bought it about 14 years ago, and I wanted to see if whoever purchased the company still has a copy on file.

Thanks.
halibut sinclair
I think they are out of business. Donald Garrett passed away a few months ago.
CEAg78
AG
I suggest you call one of the local surveyors. Odds are they know where Garrett's records went.
happyinBCS
Call the title company you closed at, they will have a copy
Rex Racer
AG
I actually have a copy, but I would like to know where those records are for another purpose. I want to get an Elevation Certificate, and I thought whoever has those records would already know where to start from and thus be a bit cheaper than another surveyor.
Goose83
AG
Most surveyors dump their records when they retire, so the odds are pretty good they were already long gone by the time he passed away.
SCHTICK00
AG
I seriously doubt they ran elevations to produce your house plat unless it was called for and if so you'd already have the certificate. It can be a lot of extra work if done conventionally, so if no one paid for one you can be pretty sure that information is not available.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.