Aggieland
Sponsored By

COCS Road Maintenance

AFM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
P
Is there a way to make suggestion on which roads the city need to fix? The city has been doing a lot of street re-surfacing after implementing the roadway maintenance fee, but mainly on roads that already look quite alright IMO.

AggieBarstool
L
You could try this: http://cstx.gov/index.aspx?recordid=115&page=3086
txgardengirl
A
Are you referencing the roadway fee that starts billing in December?

I'm pretty sure repairs you are seeing now were funded long ago - and many of them are being done in order to make repairs to what is under the road...
MeKnowNot
R
My suggestion:

Make Rock Prairie Road east-bound two lane for another ~100 feet between the Valero and the Scott & White Hospital Entrance.

It would have been a simple project to take care of while they were doing all the other Rock Prairie Road improvements that would have greatly enhanced the safety and traffic flow for minimal additional cost.

ukbb2003
V
txgardengirl said:

Are you referencing the roadway fee that starts billing in December?

I'm pretty sure repairs you are seeing now were funded long ago - and many of them are being done in order to make repairs to what is under the road...

December??? Been on my bill for several months now.
TxElsie
L
AG
A lot of resurfacing is preventative maintenance. Like changing the oil in your engine, it extends the lifespan of a street before it needs to be rebuilt.

A bit of a read, but this might help...
http://www.pavementinteractive.org/2013/05/27/pavement-maintenance-prevention-or-repair/
UmustBKidding
A
What mayor moonbeam was on kbtx promoting his walks one of his claims was he was able to get pavement issues address by public works that were called to his attention. Think he is doing one soon between jersey and holeman.
PS3D
H
MeKnowNot said:

My suggestion:

Make Rock Prairie Road east-bound two lane for another ~100 feet between the Valero and the Scott & White Hospital Entrance.

It would have been a simple project to take care of while they were doing all the other Rock Prairie Road improvements that would have greatly enhanced the safety and traffic flow for minimal additional cost.

What really needs to be done is improvements to Rock Prairie and Wellborn. They need to add half a lane to both sides of the road (or one lane to one side, depends on how they can get right of way). Use it to lengthen the left hand turn lane (tearing out some more median to the east to do so) and perhaps add a second left hand turn lane on the east side, and for the west side, the crossing can be reconfigured to allow three lanes crossing the railroad and two lanes able to go east across Wellborn. Also, add a median to prevent Old Wellborn from crossing Rock Prairie, with an alleyway linking Aggieland Lighting with Wellborn Road Vet for access.

Maybe they can do all of this in conjunction with four laning Rock Prairie Road West and Holleman Drive South.
TLIAC
L
AG
I imagine that everyone would have great suggestions.......based on the roads they use most. Meaning what is important to one citizen, won't necessarily be important to another citizen. That would pretty much be a no win situation.
MeKnowNot
R
TLIAC said:

I imagine that everyone would have great suggestions.......based on the roads they use most. Meaning what is important to one citizen, won't necessarily be important to another citizen. That would pretty much be a no win situation.
Good point. If we can't fix all the roads, we really should not fix any of them. That would be the fairest thing to do for everyone!
Kitten With A Whip
L
Well, quite frankly, I would like to cross Texas Avenue, on George Bush going West bound without blowing the shocks off my car!!! I rarely use that route, but will certainly avoid it now! There should never be an intersection done that badly!
duffelpud
L
AG
I think I heard that this 'revenue stream' (aka 'confiscatory tax') rakes in $12 million over five years.
"What's this button do?"
BCS-Ag
A
PS3D said:

MeKnowNot said:

My suggestion:

What really needs to be done is improvements to Rock Prairie and Wellborn. They need to add half a lane to both sides of the road (or one lane to one side, depends on how they can get right of way). Use it to lengthen the left hand turn lane (tearing out some more median to the east to do so) and perhaps add a second left hand turn lane on the east side, and for the west side, the crossing can be reconfigured to allow three lanes crossing the railroad and two lanes able to go east across Wellborn. Also, add a median to prevent Old Wellborn from crossing Rock Prairie, with an alleyway linking Aggieland Lighting with Wellborn Road Vet for access.

Maybe they can do all of this in conjunction with four laning Rock Prairie Road West and Holleman Drive South.
Too bad the taxpayer has to foot the bill for this. We had the opportunity for Weingarten/Walmart to pay for these upgrades years ago but we ran them off...
Oogway
A
Meh, I don't even live on the Eastside, but I was happy Walmart ended up rehabbing their location.
Page 1 of 1

Verify your student status
See Membership Benefits >